PDA

View Full Version : 4bar left set up

#37racer
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Ok guys I need some help. I have a 4-2 car with a coil kit on the right and a slider on the left. Do you mount the coil kit in the front of or behind the axle? The mount on the right is locked to the axel. Also with the 4 bar on the left. Do you mount the slider behind on the birdcage or in front? Do you mount the shock on the left in front of or behind on the birdcage? Thanks

washeduptoo
05-04-2010, 06:17 PM
If your track has traction most of the time, its been our experience that the spring clamped in front with shock mounted on the clamp bracket behind works fine with the rr spring on top with the 4-2. If its slick you could mount the shock on the b/c behind but you'll have to watch the b/c and sure it doesn't over index, we used a chain to limit our travel.

If its slick most of the time the spring behind on b/c with the shock on the clamp bracket in front works well, just have to tune the springs to get it almost bottom the rf shock out. Still ran the spring on top rr. Several cars running the c/o in front on rr on the clamp they seemed to like that, we never tried that. We run 4-4 fully floated now and like that the best, but every track and driver are different, good luck and you need anymore info on the 4-2 just contact me and I'll provide what we tried.

We run ARkk704 tires and the tires you run might be totally different.

#37racer
05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm on the IMCA Hoosiers. The track seems to stay moist but slick. I heard spring in front on coil over kit on right and spring in back with shock in front on left might be the way to go. Thanks for the input. Oh its a 1/4 mile track.

washeduptoo
05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Anytime.

Just keep a check on the rf shock travel, spring behind depends upon it rolling onto the rf among other things. Another thing to make sure your getting enough travel out of the lr, we have an adjustable shock mount with a jack bolt, if its an underslung car, get the travel where its about 1/4 inch from hitting the underslung. If its an overrail chassis, 4-5 inches of drop at the b/c should be close.
Make sure that the slider isn't binding on the spring behind at the mount on the b/c, that will bend your slider, we have a clevis mount for the slider on the b/c. Again, good luck.