PDA

View Full Version : Left Side 4-bar adjustments at track???

race81
05-06-2010, 04:50 PM
If one was to raise the lower lh bar at the track to gain rear steer....what other adjustment would you make to gain back the lr bite you will be losing. In my thinking, you will be losing dynamic bite by raising the lh lower bar????? So what do you do to compensate for it?? If Im totally wrong...someone just set me straight..

thanks

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
If one was to raise the lower lh bar at the track to gain rear steer....what other adjustment would you make to gain back the lr bite you will be losing. In my thinking, you will be losing dynamic bite by raising the lh lower bar????? So what do you do to compensate for it?? If Im totally wrong...someone just set me straight..

thanks

You are correct about the adjustment. It is going to depend on your situation and how the car feels everywhere. A simple solution may be to bring the top up too. Another may be to do nothing because raising the lr lower was all you needed.

Matt49
05-06-2010, 08:49 PM
What are you trying to accomplish? I tend to agree with MBRacer's comments and this is no exception.
But personally I feel that when it comes to bar changes, the indexing and drive angle changes are having more of an effect than the rear-steer changes (in most cases). How much so depends on other factors. In other words, I think of rear steer changes as a "side effect" of the changes being made to indexing and drive angle. But it really depends on what you are trying to accomplish and the overall attitude of your car. Of course, if your car isn't balanced, bar adjustments are a crutch IMO. I think that goes without saying but it's always worth saying again.

race81
05-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Im wanting to retain my lr bite, when I adjust the left lower bar for steer. I know when I raise the lh lower bar for steer, it will take the dynamic bite out also............so what do I do to compensate for the loss of bite?

Matt49
05-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Im wanting to retain my lr bite, when I adjust the left lower bar for steer. I know when I raise the lh lower bar for steer, it will take the dynamic bite out also............so what do I do to compensate for the loss of bite?

When you move the lower bar up, it shouldn't change static bite but it will decrease the dynamic bite generated by birdcage indexing on body roll because you have slowed it down. If you just want increase the static bite to compensate for the loss of dynamic bite, use your coilover adjuster nut. How much so depends on your spring rate and would be trial and error. You could also try a stiffer RF spring which would put more weight back on the LR as you exit the turn. But that stiffer RF could also cause the car to come up on the bars slower on corner entry. It depends on how you are driving it into and off of the corners. Just some ideas.

Smiley1
05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Car tight driving in to the turn or under throttle?
Trying to read between the lines...

race81
05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
Car tight driving in to the turn or under throttle?
Trying to read between the lines...

No, its decent on entry.......but on the verge of not turning into the center, as well as id like and on exit it could use more lr drive......

jedclampit
05-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Personally,....... I'd index for drive and steer...lr lower only for steer and lessened drive ... although there may be other variables depending how you limit you lr hike and/or keep your droop constant.
More than one way to skin a c:eek: n!!

hall99
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Or lengthen RS bars.