PDA

View Full Version : how to measure lr drop the correct way?

mudderfudder
05-08-2010, 08:50 AM
I run a Lazer and they (Bernhiesel), told me that the lr drop should be no less than 14 inches. 2 questions what is the correct way to measure lr drop, and is less better for a dry slick? 2nd question is there a such thing as too much rake on your j-bar, (i'm running 2nd hole from top on frame and bottom hole on pinion)?

talclipse
05-08-2010, 09:08 AM
To measure the drop with the car on jackstands and the rear end hanging measure from the lr axle tube straight up to the underside of the overrail.

In the slick most of the time you will want additional drop.

Yes you can have too much rake in the Jbar. The symptoms of too much jbar is the car pogos around the track. It will have a lot of sidebite but reduce the amount of forward bite.

JTSjet
05-08-2010, 10:18 AM
There should be a tab on the rear frame rails used to measure ride heights. If you're running TWM bc's use the smallest part of the birdcage body to the bottom edge of that tab. if you're ride height is in the 9" neighborhood your lr dropped should measure about 14".

lr drop isn't necessarily something you would change for track conditions, more like be sure you are maintaining it when making other adjustments. although in certain situations if your other bar angles will allow, more drop could be beneficial in slick track conditions like talclipse said.

As for the j-bar a good starting point on the frame with a 19" bar is 4th hole down; 21' bar is 3rd hole down; 2nd hole up from the bottom on the pinion.