PDA

View Full Version : Monte rear ride hights?

fastford02
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
...............................................?

Erichofer77
05-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Lf 8.5 rf 9.5

lr 9 rr 9.5

basic starting point

But remember your weights are more important
once u get your percentages correct it's gonna change ur heights

JOE SMOOTH
05-15-2010, 12:17 AM
that is the so not true if your car has weight jacks you can properly scale the car and keep your ride heights. ride heights are very important and play a major role in the handling of your chassis the height you have is a little high. there is alot of factors to consider to get proper ride height.
Lf 8.5 rf 9.5

lr 9 rr 9.5

basic starting point

moosefan2
05-15-2010, 12:30 AM
Lf 8.5 rf 9.5

lr 9 rr 9.5

basic starting point

TOOOOOOOOO HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hogracer3d
05-15-2010, 12:38 AM
We use 6-1/2 front, 6 in rear, full size a body (like 73-77 monte)

stock car driver
05-15-2010, 02:00 AM
half to one inch higher than the front.

I havent ever measured from the ground for a number.

Erichofer77
05-15-2010, 06:40 AM
that is the so not true if your car has weight jacks you can properly scale the car and keep your ride heights. ride heights are very important and play a major role in the handling of your chassis the height you have is a little high. there is alot of factors to consider to get proper ride height.

I orinally set the ride Hight at 6.5 lf 7.5 rf 9 lr 9.25 rr

but after getting that my weights were off of course so as I got the weights close the heights had changed! And yes I have screw jacks!

When u screw weight jacks on my car it raises and lowers the side u screw!

moosefan2
05-15-2010, 07:03 AM

but after getting that my weights were off of course so as I got the weights close the heights had changed! And yes I have screw jacks!

Thats why u change each weight jack on all 4 corners to keep your ride heights the same.

JOE SMOOTH
05-15-2010, 08:12 AM
that is my point exactly you do not know how to properly scale a car ! if done right the heights will stay the same and you can the numbers you are after ! why would you have 2.5" of rake from front to rear ? your numbers are way off

speedbuggy
05-17-2010, 03:36 PM
What's wrong with 2.5" of rake?

wildchild111
05-18-2010, 06:58 PM
just taking a stab at this but with 2.5 inches of rake id say you would have more weight on front when u hit the brakes,

Erichofer77
05-18-2010, 09:23 PM
By no means am I a guy who knows how to scale a car out properly just my second year trying this racing thing!

I got those ride height from another racer who has won many races but he prolly gave me bad numbers my bad I guess! I do not have scales personally so I have to wait to get a friend to come over and help me! Very busy guy! I havnt seen much info volunteered on this one until now! I do agree the height are too high all the way around personal opinion! So since u bluntly point me out as an idiot could one of u take the time to help me with mine??????

Extreme Race Cars
05-18-2010, 10:47 PM
By no means am I a guy who knows how to scale a car out properly just my second year trying this racing thing!

I got those ride height from another racer who has won many races but he prolly gave me bad numbers my bad I guess! I do not have scales personally so I have to wait to get a friend to come over and help me! Very busy guy! I havnt seen much info volunteered on this one until now! I do agree the height are too high all the way around personal opinion! So since u bluntly point me out as an idiot could one of u take the time to help me with mine??????

A good starting point for a metric... level the tie rods on both sides... measure the frame at the front corner where the frame turns to the rear... set the rear ride height 1 in. higher at the rear corner where the frame turns in... adjust your screw jacks at all four corners to desired cross weight...always I repeat ALWAYS keep your tie rods level and your ride heights the same... it takes time but it will pay off in the long run.

Erichofer77
05-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks a bunch for the starting point! I will try this out and get the scales back!

Erichofer77
05-18-2010, 11:19 PM
How much bite in a 1/4 mile high bank track

I currently only have 33 lbs lr bite and only 50% rear and about 52 cross if I remember!

I think I need 54-56 cross?
Maybe 100 lbs lr bite?

bushracing67
05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
leveling the tie rods helps guess at bump steer, the right way is to set your front a-frame angles, about 2 degrees up hill from cross memeber to ball joint, and then lever tie rods, however this only works if you have a way of adjusting them (i.e. heim joint instead of outer tie rod)

if you measure ride height where Extreme Race Cars says to cut your number in half, that is 18" behind the front centerline and about 18" in front of rear center line, you want 1-1 1/2" rake ctc, measuring 1" at those points will give you closer to 2.5"

as far as rear ride heights i would leave the tape measure out of it and us a smart level or digital protractor, set your rr lower trailing arm at about 5 degrees and try to get closer to 8-10 on lr lower

i typically run numbers close to what you have, 51-52 rear cross i run anywhere from 46-50, and bite i rarely have over 100# and sometimes as low as 30#

of course everyone likes something different, all you can do is try changing things here and there and see what works for you.... there is no magic set up that will instantly make you the next bloomquist

Hammer
05-22-2010, 12:35 PM
you got a lot of good info here. pick your heights after you set front end up(front end Geometry is the key to about every fast car on the track IMO). everybody's heights are going to different in some way mainly tire size we run 93 in lm tires and run 82 in tires so the heights are off a little LOL. me personally i like about 1/2 to 1 in of rake.