PDA

View Full Version : LR chain mounting....

LFMotorsports
05-11-2010, 12:37 PM
I'll make this short: I have a 2004 Voo-Doo chassis and doesn't look like its ever had a chain to limit rearend travel. It is a 4bar-4bar set-up with spring and shocks on the bird cages. (Left: spring behind, shock in front; Right: spring in front, shock behind) And the caliper mounts are welded to the axle tube. (not my doing....)

With all that said, how have people been mounting a chain to the axle so it does it's job and not getting in a bind or limiting the birdcage movement (except what it's suppose to limit).

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

washeduptoo
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm guessing this is an overrail chassis and the shock is limiting travel now?

LFMotorsports
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes, overrail. Sorry. Shock is the limit and I don't feel like damaging a shock because I didn't take the time to put something there.

washeduptoo
05-11-2010, 02:55 PM
The way we set ours was at ride ht, put your bracket for the upper rail centered above the center of the axle tube with a bracket on the axle tube and then adjust the length for stopping the drop just before the shock limits out. Not saying this is the correct way, just the way we did it. On our newer chassis, it has an adjustable mount on the frame with a jack bolt with a tab welded on the axle tube. Good luck.