PDA

View Full Version : throttle push

68stcracing
05-11-2010, 02:27 PM
its good all the way around but has a slight push on exit. would changing from a 6040 to a 5030 on the left rear slow the lr rear coming up as quick. just tryin some fine tuning.

Racin_G73
05-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm no expert, but the advice I have from some experts (DirtWorks and Day Motorsports) both says to stiffen up the Left Rear shock compression if you're pushing on corner exit/trying to loosen up the car on corner exit.

Hope that helps.

bbaker
05-11-2010, 06:12 PM
is this a 4 bar car with coilover on leftrear or slider in the rear with shock in front.:)

dperdue21
05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
i'd raise the left rear bottom bar 1 hole and that should loosen the car all the way thru

junebug
05-12-2010, 12:49 AM
to slow the lr hike ud either have to put more rebound in the lr shock or more compression in the rf, im not sure how more compression in the lr would slow down chassis hike

TALON75
05-12-2010, 05:07 AM
I usually only adjust the LR shock rebound for middle corner handling, if the car is good when you get back to the throttle then slowing down the LR may not help exit much as it will still get to full extension at exit . For corner exit tight I like to take away LR traction or add RR, might want to try one hole up on chassis on the RR lower bar, you will get a bit more rear steer and a bit more drive angle . good luck

Graff Spee
05-12-2010, 09:40 PM
I hate to post such a non technical response, but do you think that you could be getting on the gas a bit early? Just a thought. You usually go where you are pointed!:eek:

68stcracing
05-13-2010, 02:30 PM
its up all the way on both lower frame mounts, with about 3/8"out on the right rear. i trail brake, and it enters good, comes off decent but just about exit it loses front traction and moves up a line. the jbar is center on the yoke, and about 10" up on the frame. im thinking i have too much bite, and maybe to much rear. its a b mod with a 360cid, 9.5:1 motor with a 2 barrel.also has a left rear brake floater, but adjusted down, not up.

James18n
05-24-2010, 01:02 PM
its up all the way on both lower frame mounts, with about 3/8"out on the right rear. i trail brake, and it enters good, comes off decent but just about exit it loses front traction and moves up a line. the jbar is center on the yoke, and about 10" up on the frame. im thinking i have too much bite, and maybe to much rear. its a b mod with a 360cid, 9.5:1 motor with a 2 barrel.also has a left rear brake floater, but adjusted down, not up.

raise the right upper rod and set the lower right rod level.