PDA

View Full Version : mini spool ?

jetmech
05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Just installed a mini spool in our 7.5 10 bolt gm rear end. The problem is there seems to be a lot of play as far the axle sliding in and out about 5/16 maybe a 1/4". Is this normal for a mini spool and is there anyway to eliminate the in and out play? Shims ? Also we are not using c clip eliminators. We have to use a 7.5 10 bolt at our track in the g body so no other rear end is an option. Thanks in advance

wildchild111
05-16-2010, 12:03 PM
you can run c clip elimators if i recall on a factory rear end, i think how ur rules are read is that it must be a stock oem unaltered rear end am i correct i know before our tracks got way our of hand in the street stock class thats how it was written and enforced by tech officials]

also as long as you have someone shove on the axel and the c clip dont fall out you should be allright, mark the axel where the open end of the c clip is durn it all the way down and shove in on axel and repete a few times if it dont fall out you should be good correct me if im wrong anybody

wildchild111
05-16-2010, 12:05 PM
also i fergot to put in above post running shims you have to be careful not to get the carrier to tight because you will snap the ring gear and pinion shaft because its working to much friction