PDA

View Full Version : Rod Ends & Ball Joints

MacNoodle
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I was wondering what rod ends everyone is having good luck with on their rearend trailing arms? I just have some regular run of the mill stuff right now. I recently went to a rough racetrack, and I'm not for sure if it's what caused it but my right side rod ends are all bound up. You can't even roatate the trailing arm by hand on the right side. The left side is still as loose as a goose just like before I raced. I am almost 100% sure my right side rod ends are not being hit or bound up in chassis movement. What could cause this? Maybe to much side loading? Also I'm looking for any opinions on a good strong free moving ball joints. Thanks in advance.

talclipse
05-24-2010, 04:41 PM
For ball joints we run the howe low friction stuff and they have proven to be pretty durable. As far as the rod ends and go its hard to beat the teflon lined stuff. Just make sure you are not washing the teflon ends with petroleum based products because it can cause the teflon to swell and lead to seizing.

MacNoodle
05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Who carries these rod ends? Thanks for the reply.

talclipse
05-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Dave Poske's Performance Parts in Parkersburg, WV is where we get ours. They ship world wide and are good guys to work.