PDA

View Full Version : RR Birdcage Adjustment

Rosenbluth
05-25-2010, 08:53 AM
I got WMF birdcages, and on the RR upper link mount, there are notches where you can lower the RR top rod down closer to the axle tube. I would think that it would make the RR index faster, and thus, depending on bar angles, load the RR quicker, and more, since the spring gets compressed from the top and bottom, but now from the bottom even more. Is this correct? Has anyone ever used this adjustment? Thanks.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I got WMF birdcages, and on the RR upper link mount, there are notches where you can lower the RR top rod down closer to the axle tube. I would think that it would make the RR index faster, and thus, depending on bar angles, load the RR quicker, and more, since the spring gets compressed from the top and bottom, but now from the bottom even more. Is this correct? Has anyone ever used this adjustment? Thanks.

You are correct on the indexing. It also puts more of the axle thrust into the upper bar since it is closer to the axle. This makes the rr loaded more on the throttle as well.

sobe92
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
tightens you up off the gas and loosens you up on the gas. great adjustment for tacky tracks where you need the car to turn on the throttle.