PDA

View Full Version : rocket shocks

loveracing8x
05-27-2010, 11:11 AM
i have a 2005 rocket that will only see limited shows this year im running a restricted class that mandates an all steel motor and no cannister style shocks what is the best non cannister shock to run and what valving i really need help!!!!!

talclipse
05-27-2010, 12:08 PM
If you have the shock rule in writing please post it verbatim here.

The wording of that rule will have a significant impact in what shocks fall within the rules.

loveracing8x
05-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Shocks may be steel or aluminum. No "canister shocks" allowed. Maximum of one shock per wheel only is allowed with the exception of one “dummy” shock allowed on the left rear only.

citiracer
05-27-2010, 01:39 PM
Based on the way the rule is worded, your best bet (but most expensive) might be Integra IDA shocks. I'd be willing to bet they change the wording of that rule once they realize the mistake they made. Not all gas shocks are "canister" shocks.

talclipse
05-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Based on the way the rule is worded, your best bet (but most expensive) might be Integra IDA shocks. I'd be willing to bet they change the wording of that rule once they realize the mistake they made. Not all gas shocks are "canister" shocks.
:) That is exactly where I was going.

If you want to adhere to the intent of the rule and save some money I would look at the AFCO twin tube double adjustable shocks.

The integra shocks are what rocket is pushing on all of their stuff now and are a very nice piece. But, if you cant afford to either go up to an unlimited class/ sell those shocks at a loss once they change the rule go with something along the line of the afco twin tube shocks.

Just my $0.02.

Donniebaker69
05-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Call Brian at Integra and tell him you need the Intergra IDA's!

WV_Race_Fan
05-27-2010, 06:00 PM
:) That is exactly where I was going.

If you want to adhere to the intent of the rule and save some money I would look at the AFCO twin tube double adjustable shocks.

The integra shocks are what rocket is pushing on all of their stuff now and are a very nice piece. But, if you cant afford to either go up to an unlimited class/ sell those shocks at a loss once they change the rule go with something along the line of the afco twin tube shocks.

Just my $0.02.

I agree with that. There are alot of guys in the LM class still running the twin tubes and are winning races. You don't have to have gas shocks. Heck, if you are a local racer running 1-2 tracks weekly you don't even really need D/A shocks as long as you know what the driver likes the feel of to be comfortable...

If you are looking for adjustability but are limited by rules, the Afco twin tube D/A's or Pro D/A's would both be a good investment. But I'd still look at a gas shock for the LRF.

Later,

WV Race Fan

loveracing8x
05-27-2010, 07:04 PM
as of now i have two d/a afcos and two non adjustable afcos on the car but i would like to get on gas shocks id rather learn on them with the new car then have two make the switch later

JR. MECHANIC
05-27-2010, 08:27 PM
AFCO offers a single adjustable gas shock (non cannister) that is a pretty nice piece. It's their 21 series shock.

lovinlatemodels
05-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Genesis Shocks

timmayb
05-27-2010, 09:37 PM
The "canister shocks" are going to mean those IDA's too at some point. The second somebody figures out you're running them, it'll be all chaos. Although they are your best shock for those written rules, it would be serious money lost if they banned them after the fact.

I think i'd still run integra, but just the regular gas integra's instead of the ida's.

shockman
05-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Honestly, the IDA's are about the only shock of their kind as of now. Im not saying you cant build a double adjustable gas shock without a canister...but they get very very expensive. lol I would like to say...if you invest in a set of IDA's, make sure they either go back to Integra for service, or a reputable builder that has experience with them. I have had several sent to me that were really screwed up from someone that didnt understand them working on them. They are one of the more difficult shocks to service. I agree with everyone else's posts....the T2 afcos are also a nice twin-tube piece, and they are quite a bit more affordable initially, and to service or repair. I still have a ton of customers on non adjustables winning races also. If I can be of any service, please feel free to call me at Premier Racing Suspension 812-528-0539. Thanks....John A. Schulte AKA Shockman

SS Motorsports
06-01-2010, 02:27 PM
The IDA's are not the only dbl. adj. non-canister shock out there. Genesis has been making dbl. adj. non-canister gas shocks as long if not longer than Integra has had the IDA's out. And it is really easy to get Mike Farr on the phone to answer any questions you have. Just my opinion but I think Genesis has the better shock.

shockman
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
SS Motorsports.... I stand corrected. No offense meant. I obviously do not work with their products, and wasnt aware of that model of shock. ......Shockman

hall99
06-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Genesis G3 Shocks

These are 3 races old very good pieces, they come with coil over kits. Big rebound RF, standard LF,LR (2" extension), and RR.

$1250 shipping included.

This is about half price.

Todd Hall
[email protected]
573-683-1299
Charleston, MO.