PDA

View Full Version : can't stay on bottom on exit

upnorth-racer
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
07 shaw car is awesome everywhere except towards end of race (last 7-10 laps) car cannot exit on bottom want to slide up. 3/8 mile slick track. dusty dry exit corners. any suggestions? srings are lf500 rf400 lr250 rr225 shocks are afco silver trak pak set on normal settings with 35psi rs pressure and 100 ls pressure and 150 psi on lrf dummy.

lovinlatemodels
05-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Are you sure your tires are not just giving up. Or could just be fuel burn off.

upnorth-racer
05-31-2010, 08:01 PM
I was thinking fuel burn off, how much extra do I want? I usually end up 5 gal. short of scale amt. at end of race. would a pull bar help, instead of 5th coil?

Graff Spee
05-31-2010, 09:35 PM
With what you give for info I would think that you are using up your tires. I would try entering corner higher going in, to optimize momentum. That will get you off of the corner better. When its dry you want to think more of a asphalt type of driving style. Check tire pressures. If you have a tire that is really gaining pressure, you may want to lower pressure in that tire. It may be a balance issue.

racir3
06-01-2010, 12:43 AM
i have a 03 shaw 4 bar with close to the same springs,except i have been running a 225 on left rear i start out with a 400 on the right front and then for the main event i make a decision based on track conditions,normally for dry i go to a 375 or a 350,a 120 lbs of bite,i run d-55 tires,ohlins canister shocks,my car has been getting better every week,i want to try a 550 lf.375 rf.and 225s across the rear and change my shocks to the slick settings?i know that limited people are running shaw late models at least up here in oregon but i think they are a really good chassis,but i dont have alot of help up here anyway.

Egoracing
06-01-2010, 06:47 AM
Is the rear loose and you are chasing it up the track? Is it like a 4 wheel slide? Is it pushing the front tires up out of the corner and you have to turn more and that gets the car loose? Just trying to get more info to offer better info.

upnorth-racer
06-01-2010, 09:08 PM
It does feel like I am chasing the rear end up the track

grt74
06-01-2010, 10:24 PM
a little more stagger or lengthen the r side a 1/4" sounds like your close or soften the rf spring it will take a little drive out and turn a little better

Egoracing
06-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Stagger loosens the car on corner exit on the gas, as will extending the right side wheel base. You would need to loose stagger or shorten the rr 4 bars if the rr is trailed. I would look at stagger first.

let-r-eat
06-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Stagger loosens the car on corner exit on the gas, as will extending the right side wheel base. You would need to loose stagger or shorten the rr 4 bars if the rr is trailed. I would look at stagger first.

99% of the time you don't get perfect all night. LOL......Sometimes starting with a little looser car works.....I would get rid of the tight though...tight CAN be slow.

Little less stagger may or may not be the ticket, but worth a try. I like to set stagger where it belongs and work elsewhere, generally.

jedclampit
06-02-2010, 08:34 AM
If your countersteered , you may look toward reducing rear steer, thru reduced foreward bar angle, or shortening hike up limiter, dependeing on what you have now............... a 1/4- 1/2" less droop, can make a sizeable difference in rear steer.... but too little can kill foreward drive.
(This is where I would go if the car is up against the limiter.)

grt74
06-02-2010, 05:19 PM
im lost i thought i read from upnorth racer the car got very tight as the race went on and if your running up front (top 5 car or better) so i gave some ideas for that if the car is really good for 5 or 10 laps and then gets really tight it sounds like air pressure or shocks giving up on you now if the car is loose on exit (running uphill or trying to chase it) stagger is a small adjustment to shorten the right side bars should be a very noticable change and ego always has some good ideas also