PDA

View Full Version : How to correctly drive a Rayburn?

lcpestka
06-01-2010, 12:16 PM
what is the correct way to drive a rayburn when it is on the birdcage on the RR? I am trying to through it on the RR on the entry but it seems like all the weight trasfered to the rear comes crashing forward on entry and it makes the car have no side bite to speak of. Is anyone using different valved shocks for the front-end?

Would stiffer compression shocks help, I am using the standard old Koni's.

Help please

late96
06-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Guess nobody drives them Rayburns anymore for that reason!

Jet Jockey
06-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Check your PM's Icpestka.

diplomunity
06-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Measure your frotn track width from outside lf to outside rf then ensure you can fit it on the ramps and drive it right on up on your trailer.....lol

seriously though i didnt like the sidebite issues with rayburns on corner entry and is why i switched to rocket. never really found anything that i liked on a rayburn either as a 4 bar z link or swingarm.....after comparing it to a rocket.

racin6mod
06-13-2010, 11:23 AM
what is the correct way to drive a rayburn when it is on the birdcage on the RR? I am trying to through it on the RR on the entry but it seems like all the weight trasfered to the rear comes crashing forward on entry and it makes the car have no side bite to speak of. Is anyone using different valved shocks for the front-end?

Would stiffer compression shocks help, I am using the standard old Koni's.

Help please

We found the true swingarm set up tobe the best for us.we did have trouble at first with the car being way to tight but after talking to cj a few times we ran off a few wins.it seemed to me with the rr on z link you have to over drive the car taking away any side bite and forward bite.

Erb is a hard guy to talk to but look at what he has done with a lower than most budget and a few rayburns.