PDA

View Full Version : Suspension question

eddieb1965
06-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Bought a 4 bar with 5th arm car . Track I want to run at says no coilover eliminators or 5th arm. Question is can I replace the C/O eliminators with coilover shocks and take the 5th arm off? Will it perform or be undriveable.If this isnt an option ,What would work?Thanks Eddie

eddieb1965
06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Could I take the 5th arm off and go with a pull bar on top of the rearend and replace the c/o eliminators with a steel body coilover? Will this combo work? If so it would be UMP legal and I would keep the car,if not it is gone.

jin123
06-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Toyota Suspension is really good in saloon cars but if you want to go with some sports car it is Ferriar fenano.It is one of the best car according to suspension.

Extreme Race Cars
07-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Bought a 4 bar with 5th arm car . Track I want to run at says no coilover eliminators or 5th arm. Question is can I replace the C/O eliminators with coilover shocks and take the 5th arm off? Will it perform or be undriveable.If this isnt an option ,What would work?Thanks Eddie

Where are you going to run at?

eddieb1965
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Jacksonville and Shepps both 1/4 mile semi to low banked.

Fox_hunter42
07-03-2010, 07:26 AM
can't totally remove 5th arm, this controls axle wrap up. Will they allow a biscuit type pull bar instead of a spring bar? In order to remove coil eliminators, you would have to install spring perches and shock mounts. This isn't hard, just need to know where to put them. Get the mounts that are made to move everything around. That way you can try the springs on top, in front, behind etc. If you buy the clamp on ones, make sure after getting everything set, you weld the perches to the axle tube. They will spin on the tube.

eddieb1965
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Took the 5th arm off and went with a spring pullbar(Not sure of the rate on the eibach spring).It drove pretty good except a good push going into turn 1,and running sideways halfway down the backstretch.It was the 1st time out with car and was a learning experience. Car needs scaled,but wont be able to for a couple of weeks.

Chuckster421
07-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Not knowing your setup, or experience with 4-bar. They will push if you dont go in hard enough.