PDA

View Full Version : Your choice of rim....and why.

joedoozer
06-06-2010, 05:43 PM
What wheels to you guys go with? Weld, Duralite, Valken....Foam plugs, metal Dzus on covers? Has anyone checked out the Valken wheels? They seem to be built similar to the Weld wheels, but are quite a few pennies cheaper. Has anyone used them?

I have 11 already, so I don't plan on getting any soon. I seen the Valken ad on 4m, and it got me clicking around. Figured I would start a thread to see what others think.

MasterSbilt_Racer
06-06-2010, 05:45 PM
What wheels to you guys go with? Weld, Duralite, Valken....Foam plugs, metal Dzus on covers? Has anyone checked out the Valken wheels? They seem to be built similar to the Weld wheels, but are quite a few pennies cheaper. Has anyone used them?

I have 11 already, so I don't plan on getting any soon. I seen the Valken ad on 4m, and it got me clicking around. Figured I would start a thread to see what others think.

Whichever wheel I can get the best deal on. Foam plugs for insulation and the hard covers to keep them in.

joedoozer
06-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Valkens are cheap. $169 for a normal and $239 for a beadlock. $20-$30 cheaper than the Weld wheels at Speedway Motors.

leadorfollow
06-06-2010, 07:12 PM
we've run the valken wheels, non beadlocks and beadlocks. We don't like the beadlocks due to the inserts come loose very quickly. They're a 1 piece unit so they are stronger but at the same time they're more work to get them to hold air. I love the non beadlocks, they are a little lighter than the welds and if you're looking at the nons with the dzus tabs they're very handy too if you run mud covers. They're not cheaply made but if you can get them at a decent price go for it. They're just as good if not better than the weld's

left-rear
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM
we run valkens and like them,, no probs at all,, very good price

lovinlatemodels
06-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Weld can beat a proven thing also running Keiser wheels and so far look pretty good. And foam mud plugs they are cheap

winfieldwarrior157
06-07-2010, 01:52 AM
weld wheels with foam plugs and weld covers to hold em in.

Darren28
06-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Keizer for sure. Kill the outter ring. Just repair it.. Lots cheaper to fix a wheel than it is to replace it. They are very durable and light.

Beadlocks with Covers $249
Non Beadlocks 195.99

We had to try them before we started selling them. They are VERY good wheels.

700horsepower
06-07-2010, 08:11 PM
No china wheels here. We use Weld. I am sure the other brands of USA made wheels are also high quality. The few dollars you pay less for the china wheel will come back to haunt you.

DIRTSLINGER38
06-07-2010, 08:44 PM
ok here is my opinion we have weld wheels duralites and real wheels and i like the real wheels better and they are lighter than the others we use foams in all 4 wheels and chrome covers on the right side

jedclampit
06-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Weld, exclusively, w/hubcaps.....pucks as needed.

Darren28
06-08-2010, 09:34 AM
No china wheels here. We use Weld. I am sure the other brands of USA made wheels are also high quality. The few dollars you pay less for the china wheel will come back to haunt you.

Not China 700.. Those are Korean.. lol

Keizers are made in Iowa.

kevin28
06-08-2010, 02:40 PM
I have the vaulken beadlock also...They are ok .the button doesn't stay in the cover when you take them off like the welds..can be a little agrevating..also harder for me to get the tire centered because they don't have the ring like welds.I also noticed since i
have new welds on the left side, that after a few washes on the car
the vaulken seems to be loosoin ther shine quicker,no big deal just something
I wondered about.they seem to be good quality aluminum..he weld is worth the extra 30 bucks i guess is what I'm saying if you've got the extra cash

my next ones will be the kiezer though,just about the same money
and they are made in the U.S.A..Vaulkens are made in Korea did not know that when I bought them..

hope this helps

Darren28
06-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Kevin let me know when you are ready for them Keizers, I'll take care of ya!

700horsepower
06-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Not China 700.. Those are Korean.. lol

Keizers are made in Iowa.

OK, you got me. No KOREAN wheels here. With 15,000,000 people unemployed in the USA if I can help keep one guy or girl their job a little longer by using made in USA parts then I am all over it.

Darren28
06-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Here Here!.. that's why I turned down a Valken deal and went with Keizer. Trust me they are a great wheel. Sure I still have Weld, Bart and Duralites.

rocket21j
06-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Keizer all the WAY! I have been running them for the last 3 years and they have been great and saved me a pile of MONEY!. I have saved hubs and a rear from the wheel colapsing instead of hurting other equipment. Hope other people jump aboard with them.

keizerwheels.com

stryker
06-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I Would Not Touch A Valken Wheel Period.they Are Not Made In The United States.

Darren28
06-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Keizer all the WAY! I have been running them for the last 3 years and they have been great and saved me a pile of MONEY!. I have saved hubs and a rear from the wheel colapsing instead of hurting other equipment. Hope other people jump aboard with them.

keizerwheels.com

I'm with you Rocket.. We got em for a good price right now..