PDA

View Full Version : Hendren Racing Engines

TWISTER
06-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Was wondering who is running any of their steel head limited motors, or who is running against them, and how is their performance? Do they last, do they make good hp, all the stuff you would want to know about a motor builders motor. Was thinking about giving them a shot and just wanted to gather some info before doing so. Talked to them on the phone and they seem very nice, but i need a fast motor as well, lol. Just looking for info on their steel head limited program. Any info will help. Thanks to anyone with info.

Thanks again.

merc123
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Was wondering who is running any of their steel head limited motors, or who is running against them, and how is their performance? Do they last, do they make good hp, all the stuff you would want to know about a motor builders motor. Was thinking about giving them a shot and just wanted to gather some info before doing so. Talked to them on the phone and they seem very nice, but i need a fast motor as well, lol. Just looking for info on their steel head limited program. Any info will help. Thanks to anyone with info.

Thanks again.

He's a member here...

steelhead
06-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Can I get some more info on this engine builder? all help appreciated

steelhead

poppy
06-09-2010, 10:00 AM
just call him and ask, either him or his son will tell you what you need to know. I have called them several times and the are always very helpfull.

TWISTER
06-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I have spoke to them on the phone, and they do seem like great people,i was just trying to see what the racers opinions were of the motors. Any motor builder will tell you their stuff is the best, LOL, so i wanted to hear from the other side. Hope i get some responses soon,lol.
Thanks.

50j
06-09-2010, 01:30 PM
I've seen some of their stuff and know people running their motors. They're happy and run well. Both Hendrens seem to be straight shooters and know how to build a motor.

sj valley dave
06-09-2010, 07:01 PM
There are a few guys here in California that run their engines in the DLM series out here. Evey single one of them are happy with Hendren's. We run a 422 SB2.2 aluminum Hendrens engine and it runs great and Bill is always very helpful when I call and ask him anything about the engine! I fully recommend them as a builder!

merc123
06-09-2010, 09:50 PM
How long does it take him to usually get a motor done? Mine's been in another shop for about 4 weeks (from scratch build) and about all he's done so far is machine the block.

gadirtracer
06-10-2010, 01:29 AM
How long does it take him to usually get a motor done? Mine's been in another shop for about 4 weeks (from scratch build) and about all he's done so far is machine the block.

I "heard" Clements was backed up 8 months.:eek:

merc123
06-12-2010, 12:57 AM
I "heard" Clements was backed up 8 months.:eek:

Not sure who Clements was but I heard something about the same lines about Race Engine Design.

racin6mod
06-13-2010, 11:14 AM
the better the motors run the longer the line at the front door just good bussiness.I've talked to Bill on here before and I build my own motors and he still gives me good/helpful advise.

1Blacksheep
06-13-2010, 12:40 PM
What ever happened to Hovis? Don't hear much about them anymore.

racer41
06-13-2010, 04:10 PM
hope ur block ant at racetek u will be luck to have it by this time next yearnothing againest racetek but i would not have him to build one i would go with pro power or custom engines

dirtdevil
06-13-2010, 08:03 PM
What ever happened to Hovis? Don't hear much about them anymore.

2 and half years to do a freshen. And then got a different motor back, not me but a friend who ran in the STL area.

1Blacksheep
06-13-2010, 08:18 PM
2 and half years to do a freshen. And then got a different motor back, not me but a friend who ran in the STL area.
Different motor ??? The old 1 bad?

JustAddDirt
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Typical 4 them(HOVIS) for what I hear. They were big there for a few years, but I think everyone has went to Mullins.
I know they have screwed alot of people, probably alot of the reason that no one hears much out of them anymore.