PDA

View Full Version : Test run

HarryT
06-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Running my late model for the first time, when I take off it makes a odd sound in the clutch or something then go's away is this ok?

Dirt2727
06-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Running my late model for the first time, when I take off it makes a odd sound in the clutch or something then go's away is this ok?

Mine did that for a while......then started using TRICK SHIFT in the trans 3 years ago...hasnt done it since.

Matt49
06-11-2010, 09:25 AM

If it sounds like an elephant dying, that's kind of normal. But it means the clutches are slipping a little. I'm assuming that's the sound you're talking about. It's kind of hard to describe.

Egoracing
06-12-2010, 07:48 AM
If it sounds like an elephant dying, that's kind of normal. But it means the clutches are slipping a little. I'm assuming that's the sound you're talking about. It's kind of hard to describe.

I think you did a REALLY good job of describing it! The elephant dying is about the best description I have ever heard!