PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Maced

tryingtolearn
06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
does anyone have any suggestions on how to get mace out of the lining of a helmet?

thanks in advance

Darren28
06-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Don't know if I EVER want to know why your helmet was maced.. lol When I was in the Military my wife would use Oxy Clean to remove it from my uniforms.. If you have one of those little green machines that extracts that will help.. If not I'm sure you could use a wet vac.

tryingtolearn
06-14-2010, 09:24 AM
well...not a good night...i was wondering if maybe the dry cleaners might have something to get it out with. if not how hard is it to get the liner out of a Simpson helmet

DIRTFUNFAN
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
u dont want to smell any of the chemicals that a drycleaners uses in your helmet i would buy a new liner its pretty easy to replace

Darren28
06-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Do you have any idea what type of mace it was? Pepper Spray or CS2? If it was CS2 it will last a long time and burn your skin. Pepper Spray types should wear off in time, But can't say how long since the helmet lining is pretty absorbent. You can try the Oxy Clean deal. it brings the stuff to the surface and you can vac it out. But it's very possible that replacement is your best route.

charcoal01
06-14-2010, 02:45 PM
i gotta know..... why was your helmet maced.....

hpmaster
06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
R U datin my ex wife? Dont make her mad again.:)

SlingShot
06-14-2010, 03:48 PM
Somebody's been a bad boy... Musta really showed your tale that night. LOL

gadirtracer
06-14-2010, 11:49 PM
If this happened at the track, either both were going for only body shots(both had helmets on), or the one with the mace, ol' Mr. no helmet, evened the fight up.

I, myself, prefer the fire extinguisher, it'll suck all the O2 out of ones lungs.:eek:

tryingtolearn
06-15-2010, 10:38 AM
well....it was at the track and I was the one person to get maced..apparently when you get jumped coming off the track and you get out of the car and you and your 53 year old father begin to whip the 4 guys that jumped you the Police are not very fond of you. not sure what type of mace it was. Its whatever the Police Carry since Barney Fife decided he would grab me by the front of the helmet and proceed to fill my helmet full of mace.

charcoal01
06-15-2010, 04:24 PM
ouch man! sorry to hear that. at least you were giving it to the other guys before the cops decided to step in

QuesinberryRacing
06-15-2010, 10:21 PM
The guys at Indocil Art offer a complete interior cleaning service, might could get ya one of those spiffy paint jobs while it's there. www.indocilart.com

gadirtracer
06-15-2010, 11:39 PM
well....it was at the track and I was the one person to get maced..apparently when you get jumped coming off the track and you get out of the car and you and your 53 year old father begin to whip the 4 guys that jumped you the Police are not very fond of you. not sure what type of mace it was. Its whatever the Police Carry since Barney Fife decided he would grab me by the front of the helmet and proceed to fill my helmet full of mace.

I bet "Barney" don't work all the time!:D

tryingtolearn
06-16-2010, 09:37 AM
I would say you are most likely right about Barney. the racetrack will recieve my bill for whatever I have to do to get this stuff out of my helmet. Priced getting a new liner yesterday and thats a cool $150.00

kellfree
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
There are Ozone machines that places like Servicemaster, Steamatic, ServePro, and sometimes drycleaners have. I know it works on most sorts of smells... but I have no clue if it works on Mace.

There's a guy on midsouthforums.com kind of advertising he does it... not sure where he is though. Here's a link to that thread.
http://www.midsouthforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=59816

Good Luck!