PDA

View Full Version : VIC HILL vs. CLEMENTS

TWISTER
06-15-2010, 03:49 PM
In searching for a steel head limited motor builder, i have narrowed it down to 2, Clements and Vic Hill. Now, i would like to hear from people who are running their motors,of this kind, to give me some feedback on THEIR motor. I am not asking for anyone to try and sway me one way or the other, just your own experience with either of these 2 motors, and that will help me make a decision either way. Please do not post about any other motors or motor builders, as i am not interested in any other than these two. Any help will be appreciated, and thanks to those who respond.

Again, thanks.

grt74
06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
both engine builders u named are top of the line guys so i would say who ever has the best deal after all its just business jmo

TWISTER
06-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe i need to rethink here. Appearantly no one is running them. Hummmmm
Of course i know not "everyone" is on 4m, but i sure thought there would be a few at least. Guess i will just have to wait and see.

hogracer3d
06-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Yea, I wouldn't even consider Tony Barker, or Pro Power--lol

diplomunity
06-16-2010, 05:29 PM
or cornett or sms

big88fan
06-16-2010, 05:42 PM
Hatfield, Gaerte, Yeoman the list goes on and on of quality builders I would pic the one closest to me

dirtdevil
06-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Perfconn seems to get good recommendations. Barker is a rude, smart azz.

go2fast
06-16-2010, 07:23 PM
We had a clements 360 with a bowtie block with used cup rods and crank and dart heads we used it for 2 years a good motor

grt74
06-16-2010, 08:16 PM
had a clements motor no issues one of my fellow racers has vic hill again no issues its all really about maintenance anymore with all the good parts out there i would pick the best deal the motor is just a 1/4th of the car dont forget about the rest of it save some money and buy better parts for the rest of the car (tires shocks ect.) both engine builders do a great job one that was close isnt a bad idea either incase u did have a problem they could come and check it out

The Rudds 88
06-16-2010, 09:04 PM
Well I saw someone turn 15.8 seconds around a 4/10+ mile track with a Vic Hill motor.

TWISTER
06-17-2010, 08:26 AM
Yea, I wouldn't even consider Tony Barker, or Pro Power--lol
I did. Problem was location.

or cornett or sms
Same as above, location.

Hatfield, Gaerte, Yeoman the list goes on and on of quality builders I would pic the one closest to me
And again, location.

Perfconn seems to get good recommendations. Barker is a rude, smart azz.
I did talk to Perfconn, and he said he was trying to sell out and retire.

Guys, thanks for the replies. I did consider almost everyone on your lists, but after factoring in the locations and dollars,and who actually "specializes" in the kind of motor I have to run, these 2 were the best fit for me. While there are a lot of quality motor builders out there, many do not "specialize" in this type of motor. This is a one shot deal for me, and just trying to get as much info as i can to make the best "educated' decision as possible. Again thanks.

diplomunity
06-26-2010, 03:35 PM
although with those choices i would have to go with vic hill. seen them break more drive shafts which tells me they know how to twist the go rod

SlingShot
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
90% of the Professionally built Steel head Limiteds around me are Clements and they make the power. Both builders you named are good and I've met Tony Clements, super nice guy. Clements House of Power!!!

moonshine
06-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I hear vic hill uses alot of clements heads. From what i've seen clements hands down.