PDA

View Full Version : J-bar Slider

DIRT69
06-17-2010, 04:53 PM
HI I NEED SOME HELP I JUST BOUGHT A NEW WMF J BAR SLIDER THAT IS MAID WITH THE RADIUS SO YOU DONT HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR SIDE TO SIDE. MY QUESTIONS IS I HAVE A ROCKET AND WE START A J BAR AT 8 1/4 SO DO I START THERE WITH THIS NEW BRACKET OR SHOULD I START WITH IT A LITTLE HIGHER??? AND WITH MY OLD BRACKEY I USALLY RAISE IT 1 INCH MAX THIS NEW BRACKET HAS 6 INCH OF TRAVEL IN A RADIOUS. IS 1 INCH STRAIGHT UP ON THE OLD BRACKET THE SAME AS 1 INCH UP ON THE NEW RADIOUS BRACKET?? IF NOT HOW FAR SHOULD I GO ON THE RADIOUS BRACKET TO BE THE SAME AS 1 INCH ON THE OLD BRACKET/??? thanks

DIRT69
06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
How High Can I Or Should I Take The J Bar Now??? I Usally Took It 1 Inch How Far On The New Climbing Radious Mount Is Equivalent To It.thanks

mackwrench
06-17-2010, 08:30 PM
I woul put the bracket on the frame so that the lowest hole/slot is 7 1/4 from the bottom of the frame rail. Your car will prob. start out at 8 1/4 then you'll have 1 inch to move it down, (rare) and be able to move it up (often)

You'll set the j-bar length at what ever u run, (std rocket is 16 1/2 from inside of right frame rail to lift bar bracket on 2" frame, yours may be diff.) When you move the j-bar up/down you'll no longer need to lenghten the j-bar, the "curve" in the slider keeps the rear axle center where you had set it. 1" on the new bracket is the same as 1" adjustment on the old bracket

JTSjet
06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
use an angle finder to determine the difference between the old and the new slider...?

DIRT69
06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
would u still only move it 1 inch up on the radious or would you take it as far as u need???? from what ive been told u only take the j bar up 1 inch on a normal bracket but on the new radious mounts i have like 6 inchs of travel??? just wanting to make sure i know and have a understanding on what to do befor i go out and brake **** haha

gadirtracer
06-18-2010, 12:52 AM
If you start at 8 1/4" and move it up 1" it will be 9 1/4" on either bracket.
1" is 1".
Only difference is w/the radius, your rear-end will stay in the same location left to right. No need to adjust j-bar length. Or if you weren't before, you were making two adjustments at once.

JTSjet
06-18-2010, 07:43 AM
in terms of verticle height 1" is 1". in terms of the amount of travel within the slider the j-bar will move to get a 1" verticle change, it will be slightly more than 1". you want to make a 1" verticle change and not 1" travel within the slider. pretty much the same thing gadirtracer said