PDA

View Full Version : Question For Late Model Teams

valken88
06-23-2010, 09:18 AM
As most of you already know we manufacture and Non Bead lock with cover wheel. The Retail Price on it is about 199.00. We have been fooling with the idea of making a less expensive non with cover wheel. If we can get the wheel price down 30 or 25 more dollars less for the wheel except that wheel would not have spun rolled tabs like the current 10245 wheel does. Instead it would have three welded tabs with the same cover. We will still offer the spun rolled tab wheel but offer this wheel at even a better price for some of the lower budget teams trying to get the same look. Would like everyone opinion on this matter before we start production. Also feel free to check out our new site still in the process.. www.valkenracing.com - Thanks for all our Customer and Dealer Support!

leadorfollow
06-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Personally the main reason we went with the valken with the tabs is because of the durability factor. If you drop the price and keep the tabs I think you're demand will come up. just make sure the cover fits flush with all wheels or you may have a large problem

diplomunity
06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
but why go with a chinese made rim when good american made rims can be had for close to the same price. check out keiser

Ghopper
06-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Diplomunity -
Honestly it doesnt matter where the wheel comes from. I would rather race more nights per year than follow a "shop locally" theme and pay more.

If it is a good product at a fair price.....then I'll buy it. It is up to that American ingenuity to make that happen. Our American lifestyles are completely built off a global market with inexpensive products and foreign energy sources. It is up to us to be competitive and make our futures. You shouldn't need a "shop locally" cry for help...make me want to buy your product.

Ghopper

hucktyson
06-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Grasshopper that was an excellent response. If the american company cant build a competitive product for a competitive price that is not my problem. Workers should be paid what they are worth to the company not how much some union thinks they are worth. In the free market everyone gets paid what they are worth because if not they would go somewhere else where they get paid what there worth.

kevin28
06-28-2010, 01:43 PM
keiser is just that.An american company with as good or better product and at a competitive price.I have some valkens before I knew they were made in Korea..Not china..They are an ok wheel but..I will agree somewhat on your union views to a point.on the other hand just talked to my father in law yesterday about some problem they are having with the japenese company he works for,he makes just a little more than 2 bucks an hour more than he made14 years ago he's been there 25 years.That would be fine if everything else hadn't gone up the way it has ..Calsonic is the company and they make parts for nissan..So they pay us low and send the profits to Japan. So dog the unions but it's ultimately us buying foreign things and not even trying to find American things and jumping on someone who tells you about one american company that is trying to make something comparible that's just as much to blame as anyone..Check Keiser out they have a web site ,give em a chance.I;ll be ordering a few of em myself in the next few weeks..

valken88
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
Its bad when your selling wheels for a company and you can not even remember how to spell the brand. Maybe this love hate relationship our brand and your brand was a blessing in disguised for Valken. Sorry had to say it especially since you write negative crap for everything i post.! Kevin i love your energy but soon you will realize that the energy was spent in the wrong places. I know because i have drove on that same road..... Door is always open Kevin and the cooking is great!

hucktyson
06-29-2010, 04:42 AM
Your father in law is not being held at that job at gun point... If he is worth more than hes getting paid he is free to seek employment any where he wants. I love the whole union mentality of.. "i cant afford a nice house and 4 kids with what im making here so this place needs to pay me more" Everyone in america has the opportunity to go out and make more money, its just some people decide not to take the opportunity or the risk and they stay where they are comfortable and get a check every week. There is nothing wrong with not wanting your work to run your life, but if your not willing to make the sacrifice then dont expect to get the potential rewards that go along with it. With that being said when i need some additional wheels i will be buying valkens.

Hogston10
06-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Can no one answer a question on this site anymore?? To the original post, as long as the durability stays the same I think that wheel will be a success, but if the durability suffers it won't, myself being a lower budget racer I'd rather bite the bullet and pay 30-40 more a wheel if I know it will last, but if you can offer a dependable wheel for less that's money elsewhere in my racing program............to all you buy America only fools, where do you think the machines that machine those wheels come from, if you aren't familiar with machine work your product is only as good as the tolerance your machine can hold, so really your at the mercy of the machine, not the guy pressing buttons.

kevin28
06-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Don't just buy American but I do try to when they are comparible I'd be a "fool" not too.Since I am an American..That's the way I feel,nothing wrong with that,oh and please forgive me if I misspell something.Not trying to post neg things about you or you wheel vaulken88 just tellling what I know be to true about them nothing more..

Now to just answer the post about the wheel.I have welds and I have 2 of the vaulken beadlocks.Bought them because they were about 40 bucks cheaper a wheel..They are an ok wheel.They were a pain for me to get the tire centered to put the bead lock ring on becuase they don't have the inside ring like a weld,Idon't know if they done this to cut weight or cost,I'm sure they achieved both..I also have the beadlock cover and the zus buttons don't stay in like welds,sometimes it's a little agrivating at the track when your in a rush.The finish isn't as good but that doesn't really matter much to
me as along as it's fair and they are..And for those who care they are made in korea,just saying..The welds are worth the extra money for me..The keiser
I've looked at and looks like a great wheel compared to both the weld and the vaulken and it's wthin a few dollars of what I payed for the vaulken..

Hope this helps

kevin28
06-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Oops Valken not vaulken got it now..Not trying to give you a hard time on a personal level Rob I know your just trying to make a living..But I think anyone should hear good and bad things about products..and again sorry about my spelling
not to good with a keyboard or spelling,I'll try and do better..

Darren28
06-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Psssstt it's KeiZer.. lol

Ghopper
06-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Clearly Keizer marketing is not reaching their target market.

I just bought 10 Valken wheels. When I decided that I needed to buy some wheels, the website was linked of 4m or Dirtondirt. I knew the product offering and price in seconds, plus the teams using the product are credible.

I ordered through a local dealer (shopped locally) because I want him to survive so that he can provide good service to me in the future. I did not shop locally as a charitable duty, only because he provides good service at a fair price.

I will tell you how I like the product after the weekend.

Ghopper

valken88
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
You said most important thing support your local speed shops. Its very very important for racing. Even if it is paying a couple dollars more because trust me they are not making a killin! Good luck with the wheels who was the dealer you bought them through?

kevin28
06-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Oh thank ya,One day I'll get it right Darren.lol

Ghopper
06-29-2010, 02:31 PM
who was the dealer you bought them through?

Curts Racing Enterprises (CRE)

pajamie
06-29-2010, 03:57 PM
We bought 6 over the winter and I like them.. I dont have a problem getting the tire centered without the ring.. Just snug the bolts down a little and watch that the line around the tire is showing an 1/8th of an inch or so and draw it down.. Never had a problem doing it that way..

The only complaint I have is the bolts that are used.. They dont seem to wanna fit a 1/2" socket too well so I bought a 13mm that I use and it works alot better..

I'll most likely buy a few of the new style non-beadlocks with the covers...

N2Racin
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I know a person that works for Duralite wheels. He said the main expense in the wheel is the polishing. If that is true, why not offer a non polished wheel with the cover( can't see non polish now) cheaper? I think most of us race for fun guys look for cheap. By the way I buy used wheels most of the time.:)

Dirt Man
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
Clearly Keizer marketing is not reaching their target market.

I just bought 10 Valken wheels. When I decided that I needed to buy some wheels, the website was linked of 4m or Dirtondirt. I knew the product offering and price in seconds, plus the teams using the product are credible.

I ordered through a local dealer (shopped locally) because I want him to survive so that he can provide good service to me in the future. I did not shop locally as a charitable duty, only because he provides good service at a fair price.

I will tell you how I like the product after the weekend.

Ghopper

I tend to agree with you on Keizer's marketing! I know for a fact that the area rep for Keizer in my area is not helping their cause. He is not a very good business man.

diplomunity
07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Why would you support a non american company over an american company just to save a few dollars. second why would you purchase an proven inferior product when dependable products are just as readily available and competitively priced. valkens tend to warp easier than either the duralite or the weld wheel and the keizer wheels are absolutely equal if not better quality than weld. for the record valken is a cheap immitator company that finds a product (not all are racing products) they can mass produce with cheap inneficient labor in third world markets and ship cheaply to the united states. their tollerance arent as close and they do not function as intended by the customer i dont care if its their jerseys their padding or their dirt late model wheels. they are not a true race parts company with technological understanding of the racing communities standard. they are simply in it to further their monetary gains through cheap labor forces cheap material standards and at the racers expense. mark my words your valken wheel purchases will not be a satisfying experience in the long run...just keep selling the chinese and koreans stock in america and yoru birthright right along with it

Darren28
07-02-2010, 01:10 PM
For the price of the Keizer I don't think it's possible to find a better wheel. They perform as expected. I'd be willing to put a few under the sponsor program with us if you are in need of wheels.

craigerdesigns
07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
i normally do not comment much on here, just enjoy reading. but this american vs. foreign is too big. I can't believe i see ppl readily endorsing foreign products over american proudly. I don't know anything about valken wheels and this comment is not about them. It is about ppl not understanding why foreign labor and materials are cheaper. Materials are cheaper because they do not inforce the kind of standards on materials and products that our government and other organizations make us abide by. Almost all of these standards have to do with safety. For the workers making the product and for the reipients of the product. Once again I don't know about valken, but many companies (like NIKE) use child labor to make their products.
As far as unions...You want to complain about the organizations that have revolutionized working standards. Do you want to still work for 5 cents per hour???? You may not be part of a union but if you don't write your own pay check then you make more now in a large part because of the unions. Non-union companies have to try to keep pace with payrate or lose all their workers to union companies.
And as far as unions always complaining I ask this....Why is it fair that CEO's, 26 vice presidents, and many others make millions of dollars/year with million dollar bonuses and lucrative stock options while the worker that is making the product makes a tiny fraction of the profits and cannot afford their health insurance with all the other things going up in price everyday. We wouldn't need unions if all businesses were honest and fair. We wouldn't need unions if all companies shared profits evenly among all workers top to bottom. CEO's shouldn't be able to make more than 5x their lowest paid worker.
Sorry, I got a little off track...bottom line don't blow off the american product without understanding the reasons behind the price difference.

craigerdesigns
07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
i normally do not comment much on here, just enjoy reading. but this american vs. foreign is too big. I can't believe i see ppl readily endorsing foreign products over american proudly. I don't know anything about valken wheels and this comment is not about them. It is about ppl not understanding why foreign labor and materials are cheaper. Materials are cheaper because they do not inforce the kind of standards on materials and products that our government and other organizations make us abide by. Almost all of these standards have to do with safety. For the workers making the product and for the reipients of the product. Once again I don't know about valken, but many companies (like NIKE) use child labor to make their products.
As far as unions...You want to complain about the organizations that have revolutionized working standards. Do you want to still work for 5 cents per hour???? You may not be part of a union but if you don't write your own pay check then you make more now in a large part because of the unions. Non-union companies have to try to keep pace with payrate or lose all their workers to union companies.
And as far as unions always complaining I ask this....Why is it fair that CEO's, 26 vice presidents, and many others make millions of dollars/year with million dollar bonuses and lucrative stock options while the worker that is making the product makes a tiny fraction of the profits and cannot afford their health insurance with all the other things going up in price everyday. We wouldn't need unions if all businesses were honest and fair. We wouldn't need unions if all companies shared profits evenly among all workers top to bottom. CEO's shouldn't be able to make more than 5x their lowest paid worker.
Sorry, I got a little off track...bottom line don't blow off the american product without understanding the reasons behind the price difference.

hucktyson
07-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow you are a flaming gapeing jack o&&, your view is that the owner of the company who normally works 90 hour weeks shouldnt be able to make more than the labor ?? Go start your own company doing what ever it is you do and pay all of your guys $60.00 plus per hour with benefits etc and see how much money is left in the end. I have 10 ex union guys who work for me and they all hated it, they sell you more bull **** than a military recruiter when they sign you up. Wake up the unions are dying and dying quickly. 50% of america used to be union now its down to 12% and of that 12% 60% of those are government workers. In the free market you get paid what you are worth, and if you dont you leave and go where they will pay you what you worth. And if no one will pay you what you feel you are worth i suggest you start a company your self. I started with a home depot credit card and im 30years old, i make more in 1 year than a union guy does in 40, but its because i work my a$$ off 7 days a week building my business, its because i was willing to invest everything i had several times to grow the company not because some union decided i was worth no more than the lazyest unskilled guy on the job. If your fine living in a trailer and driving a 2001 chevy extended cab 1500 4 x 4 then you should absolutely join a union. How many of the car owners with really nice stuff are union workers ?? Yeah thats what i thought, keep chasing the union carrot straight to your 99 weeks of unemployment

stryker
07-03-2010, 07:30 PM
I Wouldnt Buy Valken If They Were 75 Bucks Cheaper. Jap Junk.furthermore I Would Not Spend A Dime With Budd Olsen Speed.horton Is Washed Up.jimmy Hasnt Done Squat In Years.strange How He Hasnt Run Good Since Parting With Blackwell.metal Fab Is The Real Deal.nuff Said

700horsepower
07-03-2010, 11:33 PM
Grasshopper that was an excellent response. If the american company cant build a competitive product for a competitive price that is not my problem. Workers should be paid what they are worth to the company not how much some union thinks they are worth. In the free market everyone gets paid what they are worth because if not they would go somewhere else where they get paid what there worth.

So if your boss says to you "we have to lower your wage to $1.00 per hour with no benefits because the Koreans that make these rims will work for that much ". What do say then Mr. buy as cheap as you can? How does that world economy bull crap sound then? How do you feed and house your family then?

huntingrip
07-04-2010, 08:00 AM
those ceo`s make the big bucks because of education,and signed contracts going in the door! prime example, the car business. government dont want the bonuses paid.tough sh!t! if you can get a signed contract starting a job, that says you get a million dollar a year bonus, who is uncle sam to say they dont have to pay you! none of his business!! its a signed contract! your worth as much as you can get! i love the way employers want a salary history! private information! im here to get as high of a wage as i can from you! dont worry about what i used to make!! and i want the best quality product, at the lowest price, i dont care who made it, or where...jmo

hucktyson
07-04-2010, 10:04 AM
I dont have a boss, the number one rule people need to understand is that an employee is worth exactly what it would cost to replace him and not 1 penny more. Thats just like when someone was some ungodly amount for used racing equiptment...... Every single thing in this world is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay for it and not penny more... If the valken wheels were junk people wouldnt use them and the slightest bump takes any wheel even your precious weld wheels so you may as well buy the cheaper one and throw them away when they get hit.
So if your boss says to you "we have to lower your wage to $1.00 per hour with no benefits because the Koreans that make these rims will work for that much ". What do say then Mr. buy as cheap as you can? How does that world economy bull crap sound then? How do you feed and house your family then?

CG_MASTERS
07-04-2010, 11:10 AM
All this talk about foreign crap, and you guys are typing on a pc with most of the parts made overseas. Just saying...

JTSjet
07-04-2010, 01:01 PM
haha good point! it's not like if you buy a Valken wheel all of that money is going to Korea. Actually, they are getting very little of it. Is Valken not an American company providing jobs to Americans other than the manufacturing process? to those blow hards here preaching to "buy American!", let's take a look into the products you consume every day and see how much you're supporting the country's manufacturers. UNLESS YOU'RE AMISH YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!!! even then i'd question if their little SMV sign on the back of the buggy wouldn't read "made in taiwan" lol

We're barking up the wrong tree here. Don't hate the player, hate the game. In a perfect world the great USA would be completely self sustaining. In a perfect world communism might work too.... geez i can't believe i said that.

All this talk about foreign crap, and you guys are typing on a pc with most of the parts made overseas. Just saying...

Darren28
07-04-2010, 01:06 PM
You honestly can't hate on someone for being a strong believer in supporting a US Based, US manufactured Company over one that's known to be made over seas. There is nothing wrong with strong patriotism.

Rocketman1187
07-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I just bought 4 Valken wheels and i have been very very satisfied. Rob @ valken hooked me up with a good deal and im very happy. I have always ran weld wheels and the Valken wheels seem to bead up much better. It takes two extra seconds to get the beadlock centered up. So that isnt a big deal. And all this Japanese talk is nonsense. over 65 percent of the products you use everyday comes from over seas.

Keep up the good work Rob! Valken Wheels thumbs up in my book!

P.S. How many other companys get on a forum and ask the racers there opinion? None! I have never seen Weld, Keizer, etc. get on here and ask us what we want and if it would benefit us! Im definiately on a budget and i appreciate Valken ask our opinion and considering it.

Tyler Stevens

JTSjet
07-04-2010, 01:24 PM
so what you're saying is, that if you don't know that it's foreign made and consume the product, that is ok. but if you knowingly consume the product that is foreign made that is un-patriotic? that's rhetorical, you don't have to answer hopefully you see where i'm going with it.

my point is that 1) there are reasons why Valken uses foreign labor for their products. the root of those reasons is the problem, not Valken's for using it to their advantage. those are waaaay bigger fish to fry. 2) we really don't know where the products that we consume every day comes from. you can try to support the US all you want, but you are no different than anyone else (unless you're Amish).

You honestly can't hate on someone for being a strong believer in supporting a US Based, US manufactured Company over one that's known to be made over seas. There is nothing wrong with strong patriotism.

Darren28
07-04-2010, 01:34 PM
That isn't what I said at all. I simply said you can't blame someone for being patriotic and wanting to support a US company.. There is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes they just don't know if the Company is in the US that they are really buying a Korean or Chinese product. Nothing more nothing less.

JTSjet
07-04-2010, 01:55 PM
i'm picking up what you're putting down, there's certainly nothing wrong with that. I just don't believe that buying Chinese or Korean products from a US company is necessarily UN-patriotic, that's all.

Ghopper
07-05-2010, 12:24 PM
Why would you support a non american company over an american company just to save a few dollars................mark my words your valken wheel purchases will not be a satisfying experience in the long run...just keep selling the chinese and koreans stock in america and yoru birthright right along with it

Diplomunity - your arguements for Keizer would be much better recieved if you did not add these extra statements. I look only at the product and price.

I am an engineer that works for an international company in the automotive market. Everything is priced in relation to the Euro.... All your big companies in America are global companies. I see only the Germans are really good at keeping their auto companies as nationalist as possible. Professionally I talk to more foreign people in the day than Americans. I also travel frequently to foreign locations and see the envrionments and attitudes that people work in. I can say what makes you American is more than the location you are born. Being American is a cultural difference. A difference that is shrinking because to many Americans believe that we deserve charity and wellfare for social good. Don't leave your destiny in the hands of someone else, make your own future. That is what made this country the land of opportunity. ...."Who is John Galt?" (Wikipedia if necessary)

Side note: American labor cannot exist without a product to make and someone to sell it. Who decides the product and sells it? That would be the "overpayed" CEO's and management teams. The same people that created the job in the first place. They take an idea, captial, and labor to produce a product. Labor is a key ingredient, but the cook puts it all together.

And for the wheel report - Unfortually I learned that the Valken wads up nicely against concrete. Luckly, I wasnt waiting for a "charity bouns" in my paycheck and am able to buy another wheel. I can afford this foreign made wheel because I was apart the creation and sale of an American software product to a Korean automotive company, who paid millions of Won to my Belgian owned company, that converted the Won to Euro and wrote me a check in Dollar. Effectively my American job (in that I pay US taxes and bought a house in America) exists because I can trade my skill and labor with foreign countries.

So far I think it is a good wheel. I would decrease the inside bead height. Dismounting the tire is twice as much effort as my Weld XLs.

Ghopper

opracing45
09-09-2012, 12:51 AM
I personally choose Valken because of some performance hybrid it'll make. Staying 100% full power really helps.

FlatTire
09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
The future of this country depends on the balance of goods and services. We are quickly becoming a nation of services as
the manufacturing of goods in the US continues to decline. Manufacturing is the reason this country became one of the wealthiest
and most powerful nations in the world with a standard of living far greater than any other. Names like GM, Ford, Chrysler, Kodak,
General Electric, Gates, Goodyear, John Deere, & Cat provided manufacturing jobs so there was a need for service jobs.

With out manufacturing jobs in America you won't have a need for service jobs. Take a look at Detroit? What happened there
when manufacturing plants closed up? When the plant closes all the service businesses close up shop too.

If you still don't get it, then take a look at some of the countries that produce or manufacture very little goods? Look at how low their standard
of living is. Look at how crappy their highway systems are. Look at their military. Look at how the wealth is distributed. Notice their is no middle class.

Saving a few bucks is not worth it to me. I will continue to support the American race wheel manufacturer that has been around since the 1960's
producing a fine product. I'm not interested in being part of the group who continues to have a don't care attitude.

dualdj1
09-10-2012, 12:03 PM
well this thread was dug up from ancient past, lol. But I agree with ya FlatTire. I always try to buy from the local guy, and American made if possible.

dirty white boy
09-10-2012, 01:15 PM
to late for"buy usa" to work,..we all tryed it in the 80's,..but usa manufacturers played us,..putting "made in usa" tags on goods from all over...now toyota an honda got a reputation of lasting 10 years not chevy an ford at twice the price....its a world wide market these days,...like it or not!!

Ghopper
09-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Make me want to buy an American manufactured wheel.

That takes good product (probably there today), good advertisment, good relationship. Make me want to seek your product out.

Valken did that. Ads were easy to find, with links to product and pricing. It was easy to find references (Bloomquist, etc). It was easy to find a LOCAL dealer (who I like to support).

Now if my local dealer was pushing Keizer wheels, there advertisement was in my face at the approriate time, I saw the wheels on good cars (who may get an amazing deal..so what) and the guys were on 4m asking good questions.....then I may have bought their product.

I vote for social programs because I dont want to live in a place like Somalia, but I like capitalist success.

Ghopper

racer69
09-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Not my department but I might as well chime in too!

Doesn't Valken's wheels get sold through American companies and even small business owners trying to make their way? Manufactured foreign?....yea that sucks and if y'all wanna buy stuff only made in America thats cool. But the ties of so much stuff we consume daily comes from elsewhere.

I would love to have everything I own made in America. But thats not gonna happen. But I will spend my money with the true business owner like the speed shop in town way before I will spend it with a company that funnels all moneys straight to over paid CEOs who DO NOT work 90 hours a week. I will help Joe Dirt keep his family fed before I give it to a mega company of any type. If that means I buy a wheel made in Korea...so be it. I will eat at the Mom and Pop restaurant before a McDs any day. And I have nothing against rich people. Poor people need them to have jobs.

Good night Y'all I gotta get to bed......I worked from 6am until 9pm....when your a small business owner thats what ya gotta do.