PDA

View Full Version : ride height

sea_bee77
07-01-2010, 10:02 PM
need some help with ride height. i was told by another driver thats wins all the time that my ride heights should be rf 9 3/4 lf 9 1/2 rr 10 lr 10 1/2 these numbers to me seem to be to high. i tried it out and car was all over the place. shouldnt the upper control arms in the front be running upwards after ride hieght is set this would put the height around 7 1/2 this is where i feel it should be but im pretty new to all this. i run a metric monte 3200 pounds. still have yet to get this car to handle the way i want. always loose. any help would be appreciated.

dflow20
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Don't know for sure, but maybe the height numbers that you were given were measured with the car on scale pads to the ground. Might account for the difference when you subtract 2" for pads.

Just a thought

southerndirttracker
07-01-2010, 10:34 PM
OK I am now pro but them heights sound way too high. If I can remember from my set up sheet my ride heights are 7 1/4 lf about 8 1/4 rf 8 on lr 9 1/4 rr. I think that is my ride height but u need it on the scales to get the weight right for those heights .U think about it you want the left side of your car loaded down so your heights are gonna be higher on the right not the left so when you go into the turns it all levels out I am sure u already know this other wise you wouldn't be asking for ride heights. I hope I helped you out try that but u really need it on the scales you won't be sorry

sea_bee77
07-02-2010, 03:47 PM
i do have scales just new to it all. i have 53% rear 53% left 50% cross. 150 bite not sure what the actual numbers are without the sheets. i figured those ride heights were a little high so im going to change it.

bushracing67
07-02-2010, 05:25 PM
set the front lower a frames 1-2 degrees up hill to ball joint, set the rear about an inch higher than the front, that should get you started