PDA

View Full Version : looking at 2 chassies???

dirty white boy
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
a 98 barry wright an a 98 bullit an a 99 rayburn

would like some opinions on these 3 chassis for running in a crate class

9WRACER
07-04-2010, 08:35 PM
we have 08 rayburns and are running crates with them, alot of work to get them freed up enough with a crate motor.

gadirtracer
07-05-2010, 01:20 AM
we have 08 rayburns and are running crates with them, alot of work to get them freed up enough with a crate motor.

I was under the impression, from hearing others talk, that Rayburns were notorious for lack of side bite, hence, being free?

racer99fan
07-07-2010, 07:03 AM
i would go with the barry wright race car or find u a good used rocket car i would not go with a rayburn or the other car u are looking at

Jim11h
07-07-2010, 03:39 PM
the rocket you asked about danero it takes to buy is a really nice chassis. Not trying to steer ya away from anything and even though am very close friends with the guy selling the 99 rocket, i have never asked him what he trying to get out of it. I can tell you i have been over and under that car and have helped him at the track on several occasions thru his swartz and now rocket and he keeps stuff nice. all the parts are like he describes and since he started running the car it maybe has 12 shows on it. before that the car sat locally for at least 2-3 years if not more. you can go thru results for attica raceway park and fremont speedway last year and this year and see number of times he raced that car. Another thing with rocket, anthony told me that since like 95 a rocket chassis has not changed hardly at all. few minors here and there and they always seem to go back to what worked in 99-03 cars.

F22 RAPTOR
07-07-2010, 05:36 PM
The Barry Wright would be really good, that vintage is still competitive without much work and they last & last, although the newer you can get the better. I believe the 98' is the twin to the infamous 95'. The Bullitt would probably be good too, but Ray Callahan sold out a few years back and has since passed away, so tech and parts might be an issue. The Rayburn has its place and can be good, but like another poster stated you'll need to update the front-end geometry and make some other changes to make it more Crate Friendly. DO IT THE WRIGHT WAY !!!

dirty white boy
07-07-2010, 06:42 PM
thanks for all the info an replys...