PDA

View Full Version : BMS handling (4/2 setup)

iceman32
07-06-2010, 08:23 PM
The car is tight from the middle off. The right front shock is an inch or so from bottoming out, while the right rear doesn't seem to be rolling over much. We are running a 4/2 set up on Hoosier dcm 400 tires.

Here is our current set up.

Ride heights:
Lf- 6 1/2 Rf-6 3/4
Lr- ? RR 2 1/2 from bottom of rear end to frame.

Springs: Dynoed last week
720 820
225 240
Weights
530 470
685 635

running 12 psi on lefts and 14psi on rights.

left bars are 2nd hole on bottom left
3rd hole up on top
2 hole on brake floater.

4th hole up on right bottom, moved it up from 3rd after heat, made better.

any help would be appreciated

washeduptoo
07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Is it spring behind lr or clamped up lr, where is spring on rr and is this a metric clip and what lowers are you running? Could you give us some angles and how much rake in jbar?

iceman32
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
the spring is clamped on the front on the left. and on top of the rear end on the right. its a chevelle front clip, with afco tubular lowers. I can get angles and jbar rake tomorrow. Forgot to mention I race on a very flat 5/8 mile.

washeduptoo
07-06-2010, 09:51 PM
We have run that set up our springs where 650lf,700rf,250lr clamped up,225rr on top on our Allen. How much rr trail are you running? If your happy with everything except the middle, if lr shock is on clamp bracket behind, move it to the back of the b/c, you'll need to use a limiter like a chain on the lr to keep car from over indexing but it will allow the car to turn better. Look at the rr trail close, needs to be checked with driver in car.You could try moving the rr shock to in front of the axle tube, that would loosen you some or you could also move the spring to in front of axle and leave the shock behind on the rr. Just some things to think about.

dolanmotorsports
07-16-2010, 05:36 PM
I have ran a BMS for years. I think this is where you should start.

pair of 600s in the front.
250 lr
225 rr

put 10lbs of split in the car. I think your throttle tight because you have to much split for being clamped up in these cars.

Since you are clamped up you need more angle in the lower left four bar. I would put it in the 4th hole up. And put your top bar in the 3rd hole up.

On the right side run your bottom bar level. I assume you are on a two link here?

This should help.
www.dolanmotorsports.com