PDA

View Full Version : camber in rear tires.

roybeckett13j
07-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Noticed on my imca stock that the rear tires have about 2-3 degrees of camber in them (top facing inward). The rear is a 9inch, non floater, that's been narrowed to about 53", moser axles. Is this something to worry about? I was thinking that the housing may be tweaked a bit from welding. Has anyone heard of this being done intentionally? Any thoughts would help.

The Rudds 88
07-08-2010, 10:58 AM
I have seen the right rear bent down, but not up like you are saying.

roybeckett13j
07-08-2010, 06:46 PM
It broke an axle a few weeks ago, and ran about a lap dragging a wheel/tire/axle stub, but I'm not sure if that would cause it to beld like that.

dirty white boy
07-08-2010, 07:08 PM
ive seen nascar guys add camber to the rear end on right side,..top leaning in a few degrees,but with floating axles...thay said it helped rear side traction but was a fine line be tween just right an too much an brake a axle or smoke the barrings

cautrell05
07-08-2010, 11:40 PM
ive seen nascar guys add camber to the rear end on right side,..top leaning in a few degrees,but with floating axles...thay said it helped rear side traction but was a fine line be tween just right an too much an brake a axle or smoke the barrings

Actually with a floater it wont affect the bearings and they make crowned axles just for that application. If its a semifloating housing though I would say that its just bent.

Nick