PDA

View Full Version : Catch It Cam

SLM98
07-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Bought a system from this company around the first part of June. It worked in the shop but with the system on in the car it would lose the picture. Called the guy up, he said the camera must be bad and would send me another one. I have never recieved a replacement camera and now he doesn't return my calls. Anybody else have dealings with this company?

Darren28
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Never heard of them. I'll do some research and see if I can dig anything up.

I've looked at their website.. a few things should have brought up a red flag for you. The site isn't secure a website which sells products online must meet or exceed PCI compliance. this site does not. The links do not work and no response from the phone number.

This cam looks a lot like the Contour HD cams https://www.cheaperracer.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=793

Hopefully, you will get a response soon. But you can always contact the BBB of their home state. If you know it. it's not listed on their website.

best of luck.

Darren28
07-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Is this the information you have?

Chad Angelelli

5941 Hampton Ridge Rd
Raleigh, NC

919-757-3390

SLM98
07-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Just recieved a call, they had phone messaging issues and didn't receive my calls. Promised to have a camera to me next week.

cicracer4
07-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Mr Darren28, Our wed site is not secure. WE SELL NOTHING OFF OUR WED SITE !! It is an information site about our products, therefore there is no reason for it to be a secure site. RED FLAG :mad: The reason that the site is in the bad shape it is, the company that we paid to keep it up an running has gone out of business. Our camera's are use on Speed, ABC, and every big name in all types of racing. :p We have clients WORLD WIDE ! All the infro you posted is wrong ! Please check your facts before posting them.

Darren28
07-09-2010, 07:28 PM
It is a fact that you had an unhappy customer
It is a fact that your website is in bad shape you said it yourself. Product links took people to a 404 error page. With having a Visa, Master card logo on the site only one could assume that you conducted in internet sales. But with non-working links anyone looking would not know.
It is a fact the contact information is supplied by whois
It is a fact that if it's incorrect its your responsibility to fix it
It is a fact I tried to assist someone asking for assistance

Believe me sir all the facts were there prior to my posting. So as you can clearly see none of the information I posted was incorrect. So you might entertain yourself with some facts prior to forming a professional response.

stock car driver
06-23-2011, 09:38 AM
I need to get a replacement lens for my catch it cam. I cant find their website any more and that number isnt working it appears.

Anyone know of a dealer or place I can get a replacement plastic lense, its the safety one on the end of the cam tube.

Thanks Jeff