PDA

View Full Version : transfering weight to the RR

imcamodfan84
07-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Hey guys, how do we get more weight to transfer to the right rear on a 4/4 car? We run a j bar. Currently, we still have about 3 inches of shock shaft showing on the RR shock. Ide like to see the car abit more rolled over. Its loose in, through the middle, and off. Car could also use abit more forward drive, sooner off the corner. It takes a minute for it to pick up drive. Torque Link is at about 18* with a 1075 spring preloaded at about 1/2 inch. Run on an afco 3 way pull bar, 3/4 inches of slack before it hits the biscuits. 2 yellow biscuits.

washeduptoo
07-11-2010, 02:03 AM
The lower rr bars are the more it will roll onto that side. If your running a 9in rear end, start with jbar one hole below pinion and get 4-5 inches of rake to see if that will do what you want it to. Lower compression and gas pressure on rr shock will also let it roll over more. How much rf shock before you bottom out? Just some suggestions and good luck.

Confused?
07-11-2010, 08:15 AM
If the car is loose everwhere through the corner, I would start by lowering the j-bar at the pinion.

imcamodfan84
07-11-2010, 09:39 AM
The lower rr bars are the more it will roll onto that side. If your running a 9in rear end, start with jbar one hole below pinion and get 4-5 inches of rake to see if that will do what you want it to. Lower compression and gas pressure on rr shock will also let it roll over more. How much rf shock before you bottom out? Just some suggestions and good luck.

We have it about 1 hole below the pinion now, with 4 inches of split. I was thinking of dropping it down another 1/2 inch on both frame and pinion (we have the bsb slider mount on the pinion) and see where that gets us. I can also lower the right side bars down. ive got one hole left in the upper, and 2 holes left in the lower.

Confused?
07-11-2010, 10:03 AM
You can also pull the RR in or move the LR out.

ump29
07-11-2010, 11:32 PM
You can also pull the RR in or move the LR out.

will pulling the right rear in tighten the car up on entry????

Rocketman1187
07-12-2010, 02:03 PM
will pulling the right rear in tighten the car up on entry????

yes so if your on a 2" offset go to a 3" and if your on a 3" off go to a 4" that should tighten it up all the way through the corner letting it get over on the RR more. But i would take a half inch spacer with you so if 1" was too much you could split it in half...

ump29
07-12-2010, 03:45 PM
yes so if your on a 2" offset go to a 3" and if your on a 3" off go to a 4" that should tighten it up all the way through the corner letting it get over on the RR more. But i would take a half inch spacer with you so if 1" was too much you could split it in half...

thank you..

highside44b
07-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Try moving the J-Bar down on pinion only, and sounds like your RR lower bar could be moved down to take away some steer thats making the car loose through the corner.