PDA

View Full Version : Brake master cylinder issues

Mod77L
07-12-2010, 11:53 PM
I'm having trouble getting the proper bias dialed in, particularily in getting the proper (or any) amount of rear. I'd like to start looking for problems at the beginning, and work my way towards the calipers.

What are the signs that the master cylinder needs to be rebuilt?

What is the proper master cylinder bore diameter to use, both front and rear, using metric calipers on all four corners? I am currently using 7/8" bore cylinders for both the front and rear brake systems.

Yes, they have been bled, and bled, and bled...

Thanks for the help.

JustAddDirt
07-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Check the bias adjuster in the petal. The nuts on each side of the bearing could be loose, not letting any movment of the bearing side to side. Also get a pressure gauge and adapt it to screw into the mastercylinder to check pressures.

FLYNBRYAN
07-13-2010, 08:07 AM
Check to see if your balance bar is working properly.

racin6mod
07-13-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm having trouble getting the proper bias dialed in, particularily in getting the proper (or any) amount of rear. I'd like to start looking for problems at the beginning, and work my way towards the calipers.

What are the signs that the master cylinder needs to be rebuilt?leaks,piston sticking in the master and pour pedal return

What is the proper master cylinder bore diameter to use, both front and rear, using metric calipers on all four corners? 1 inch/7/8 inch I am currently using 7/8" bore cylinders for both the front and rear brake systems.

Yes, they have been bled, and bled, and bled...

Thanks for the help.are you running steel or plastic lines?