PDA

View Full Version : bert comes out of gear

catfish
07-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Bert comes out of gear on a real hooked up or rough track hasn't done it in the slick and smooth. what could cause this. already use a locking shifter and everything else works fine, Just started doing this recently. thanks for the help.

Matt49
07-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Sounds like you could have a bad detent ball or a broken detent spring.
With the car on jackstands, put it in high (racing) gear. If you can take it back out of gear real easy, that is probably your problem. You should have to give the shifter a good lick to knock it out of high gear. If it slides out easy, then the detent ball and spring is the first thing I would check.

catfish
07-16-2010, 12:31 AM
checked the springs and their fine. the input shaft has a little bit of play front to rear is that normal, the snap ring is not broke on it or the tail shaft. Some one told me that happened sometimes. any other suggestions thanks

Graff Spee
07-17-2010, 06:36 PM
If you don't have it already you may want to put in an over centering shifter. I had one of these on an older Bert and it will fix that problem. Call Bert and see. Good luck!

Jim11h
07-18-2010, 08:30 PM
call them and ask for george lee. He knows the trans inside and out and will walk you thru steps to fix problem or diagnose and they are a bert dealer as well

catfish
07-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Thanks for all the help guys!

lazyracer
07-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Check the roll pin that goes through the gear.