PDA

View Full Version : KSE Pump?

Kromulous
07-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Anyone have trouble with a KSE pump not sealing and leaking?

rebuilt it, all looked fine, replaced all the seals but it still leaking like crazy. Mostly on the power steering side.

Any tips to solve this?

Thanks, Krom.

racer7
07-20-2010, 04:08 PM
mine does the same thing

4bangerhotrod
07-20-2010, 04:26 PM
we've had 2 do the same thing. rebuilt them ourselves still doing it so we sent them to kse got them back and still doing it so we just bought new pumps both times. I know of a few others with same problem. you would think with new seals bearings and shaft it would be like new but same thing on both I cant explain it exspecially after kse rebuilt it to and they still leaked.
thanks
4bangerhotrod

powerslide
07-20-2010, 06:16 PM
try a thin coat of grease where the oring is

Kromulous
07-21-2010, 09:29 AM
Call me crazy but if i buy a rebuildable pump, and after its rebuilt it leaks, i will buy another brand. Thats freakin rediculous.

Think i may look into getting an o-ring that fits better, they seem to small to me.

Krom.

jedclampit
07-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I have had nothing but bad stuff with those pumps.
Get away from it if you can.

Kromulous
07-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats another issue, is there another dual pump like this that drives off the back of the oil pump?

I know BG makes a fuel pump like that, i guess i can go back to the sweet power steering pump up front. Then run a BG fule pump off the oil pump.

Dam, i like the 2 in 1 set up alot.

Gonna try to make it work, checking o ring sizes now.

Krom.

powerslide
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
i know another company is making them now. saw an ad where so and so on the usmts tour was running them. maybe some else can remember the companies name and chime in.

pmiracing
07-21-2010, 08:52 PM
We had nothing but problems with kse pumps, went to a ron's fuel pump and a krc power steering pump. I was told to get this setup by our engine builder (also a car owner) and didn't listen and it cost us. This setup is more a expensive setup but works well without problems. Even when our kse worked we had little to no power steering at idle. The kse pumps are a very simple but crude pump and if all the clearances aren't spot on they don't work for crap. Also these pumps bolt to the back of the dry sump pump just like the kse or can be run off a pulley like a kse.

LH17
07-21-2010, 10:55 PM
make sure your tank is vented not sealed. thats what they told me at kse i have had problems with mine also but i have a sweet sealed tank.im going to vent the tank and try it one more time if no luck i will ship it back with a big FU letter with it

racing17
07-28-2010, 07:07 AM
I had the same problem with the power steering pump side of our pump, even after installing new seal it would roll the lip of the seal out and let fluid leak by even just sitting there. After calling KSE they asked if fluid can was vented and it was not. They suggested venting can. I tigged a fitting on top of cap and attached a small hose over to frame with a small inline fuel filter in the end to keep fluid clean. After seven races have had no more problems!

Kromulous
07-29-2010, 08:58 AM
I think this is my trouble, looking at my tank last night, its not vented. I'll put a new seal kit in and see what happens. Plus vent the tank like you outlined there.

Thanks, Krom.