PDA

View Full Version : brake trouble help needed ?

tucker71
07-22-2010, 04:14 PM
trouble with left rear brake locking up. when i got the car they had to put a new line on the left rear from center of rearend out to the braided line. first night out it got flattened when i wheel hoped another car. so i put another steel line on it. car was fine that night. the next week it done it again to find out the bottom bolt come out of the cailiper. so i put a new caliper on it. then it run fine one week then the next week it locked up after 5 laps in feature. any suggestions on whats wrong with it now? someone told me it could be the braided line must up on the inside not letting fluid go back out to release the brake. thanks for any help.

dirty white boy
07-23-2010, 01:30 AM
seen it happin with stock lines...

ENFORCER CHASSIS
07-23-2010, 11:50 AM
make sure rotor is not warped, and try a new caliper.

tucker71
07-23-2010, 01:29 PM
i replaced the caliper and still done it the next week.

jhall4679
07-23-2010, 09:19 PM
make sure the caliper slides are cleaned and lubed. Check your rotor with a micrometer to ensure that it is not warped. make sure you bleed the brakes and get rid of all air in the lines. I've seen a lot of caliper slides siezed due to heat and other elements just from road use. I could imagine what a dirt track could do to them. Are both pads on each side of the rotor worn or is it just one side? And yes...a collapsed brake line can cause that also.

tucker71
07-24-2010, 02:51 AM
thanks for the suggestions i will let you guys know . gonna change the line and the caliper.

runyou-2
07-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Make sure the BLEEDER screw is at the TOP when you bleed it or you will trap air.If it's at the bottom,take it off and spin it to the top just to bleed it.

illinoismodfan
07-24-2010, 04:02 AM
Are you using stock rotors ? If so dont get the cheap ones because they will warp and cause issues as well .... and as runyou-2 said make sure your bleeders are at the top as well ..... i dont know if you are using new or used braided lines at the caliper but id use new one them if possible.. And when you put your caliper on on your slider pins i would put some never sieze on them. Hope this helps

Tom Slick
07-24-2010, 10:53 AM
over extending caliper ? stock caliper & a 810 rotor needs a spacer.

Dirtrunner35
07-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Take the o rings out of the caliper.

Egoracing
07-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Make sure the caliper mount is straight and true to the rotor. If it is not it can drag the pads and cause heat. Also old fluid will absorb moisture which will steam and cause pressure when hot. Make sure the fluid is good and from a new unopened container.

tucker71
07-27-2010, 02:01 AM
thanks everyone. i found that the rotor was hitting the caliper bolts in one spot so i grinded it down so it dont hit. then blew the line out good with air hose and no trouble with it this weekend.