PDA

View Full Version : Softening Both Ft Springs?

GRTLRBITE
07-26-2010, 10:09 PM
What Would Sofning Both Ft Spring Do To A Car? Need More Drive And Car Does Not Get Over On Rf. I Have 550 In Lf And 325 In Rf But Car Does Not Pin Ft End Down And Shocks Was Lots Of Rebound Set In Them

01racing
07-26-2010, 11:12 PM
need more info car, year springs ft and rear, bar angels, % ft rear l/side track size banked or not there to name a few

GRTLRBITE
07-27-2010, 07:24 AM
2010 grt lf550,rf325,rr250,225lr 52.9 left 54 rear 1/2 tracks , have two other grts and they have load of additude and pinned down ft end and great drive but new car grt changed ft end geo and car just don't have the additude

joedoozer
07-27-2010, 08:45 AM
According to the GRT website Left side % is to be 52.5, based on 20 gallons of fuel and a 200 pound driver. I don't mean to state the obvious or offend.......but is the driver heavier than that? The increased left side weight would make it tougher for the car to "tip" over on the RF. It also effectively changes the ride height of the LR, being that it is set by bite. Again effecting how it would tip to the RF. I would also think a J-bar adjustment would help, lowering it on the pinion should help it get over more.

If the driver is more than 200, then you need to find someone who is 200 :). Set the car up with what GRT recommends and then put the 200 lbs guy in the car. Right all the weights down. Pull him out and put the driver in. Then make all the adjustments with the driver in the car until you get the same %'s the 200 lbs guy had.

poppy
07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
Welcome to my world

chrisw21_2000
07-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I've heard taking out lf spring helps these cars. Don't know why other than freeing up entry. They don't like throwing them sideways. Loosen entry and keep the momentum up. Same deal with newer blue front rockets.

racer41
07-29-2010, 09:18 AM
500 Left Front
400 Right Front
225 Left Rear
200 Right Rear
400 Fith Coile Spring
Start With 150 Pound Off Bite

racer99fan
07-29-2010, 05:39 PM
u have to drive a rocket like u stole it

4bangerhotrod
07-29-2010, 09:46 PM
you can drive a black front end rocket like you stole it and it will still go forward, drive a blue front rocket like you stole it and you will go backwards. know matter what car your in make or model in the slick the straighter you can drive it the better off you will be.

rockit
08-02-2010, 08:17 PM
raise your right front upper control arm

WV_Race_Fan
08-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Lowering the j-bar on the pinion will help weight transfer, but it's mostly related to the rear of the car... If your issue is front end related, you more than likely need a change in the front end.. Have you tried raising the engine one hole? Or moving it to the right? Both of these changes will help with transferring weight... And remember, a softer spring doesn't mean it takes more weight, the fact the spring is compressing is because it is trying to gain rate and it is compressing to gain the stiffness needed... Maybe you should go down on the rf and up the same amount on the lf until you get the amount of attitude you are looking for..

Later,

WV_Race_Fan

supercomet32
08-05-2010, 01:15 PM
a black front end rocket needs to be thrown in hard not finessed into the corner. the geometry on todays cars being what it is and different between all the manufacturers doesnt let the old school mentality rain true across the board. they are favorable for a harder chargiing driver to run full tilt as opposed to going in easy because you dont have grip they use the momentum generated to make maximum effectiveness of the rear suspension components to drive the car threw the middle and off the corner.

some people need to go to school and catch up with the times. this isnt 1984 and leaf springs are not competitive any more get over it and adjust to todays racing/