PDA

View Full Version : 9" Floater - Where to buy?

Stock Rookie
07-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Where is the best place to buy a durable complete 9" Ford Floater with metric brackets, hubs, strong gun drilled axles, etc.?

Also looking to buy a complete center section for it too...

Who are reputable and great priced floater rear end companies out there?

50j
07-28-2010, 04:41 PM
You might talk to "stock car driver" about one.

bushracing67
07-28-2010, 04:44 PM
in the past i have bought from moser, mitler, and coleman, the moser broke alot of the aluminum rotor adapters but the housing was second to none, the mitler i was constantly having to tighten bearings, the coleman was better but the track 9 housing weighed quite a bit more than the others, my new car i bought a winters and i like the best, lighter hubs, no rotor adapters housing is a happy medium between strong and light, and it was reasonably priced, i do not know if winters offers a metric bolt in housing or not, i do all my own brackets, but i highly recommend their 9" rear ends

turner
07-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Talk to stock car driver( Jeff Joldersma).He owns jnj fab.He will sell you a rearend however you want it ( and he will recommend one) and he is always a great guy for info on his products.Thats my experience.

stock car driver
07-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Wow, thanks guys.

http://www.jnjfab.com/gallery/gallery.asp?sname=For+Sale+-+Parts&id=44

roybeckett13j
07-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I had great luck with a coleman. Super strong, but a bit heavy. My opinion, but I wouldn't mess with gundrilled axles. Yes, they may weigh a pound or so less, but that's static weight. All that material is close to the axles center of mass, so there won't be any noticable performance advantage. Now if you cut down the outside of the axle, that may help a TINY bit...very TINY.

R. Mullins
07-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Call Lindell @ Nighthawk chassi, (618) 780-5383 These others may good also but I've been running hard at two tracks this year with zero complaints.