PDA

View Full Version : LF Shock adjustment

BearLM24
07-29-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm looking for feedback on adjusting the rebound on the LF shock. I've been told that increasing the rebound will tighten the car on exit. One web site has the recommendation to decrease rebound if loose on exit and another site recommends to increase rebound to tighten the corner exit. What has been your experiance in general with rebound adjustment on the LF. This is a 4 Bar car. I realise there are alot of variables in the whole set-up package but just wondering in general.

CrumpRacing
07-29-2010, 09:21 AM
The easier the LF rebound the more weight gets transferred to the RR. So an easy up LF shock should loosen the car on the gas.

MasterSbilt_Racer
07-29-2010, 09:42 AM
If your car is climbing too slowly or not climbing, making the rebound weaker will tighten exit by allowing the lr to climb the bars. You have to be aware of the attitude of today's cars before and after adjustment to understand what happens. There is also the possibility that the increased rate of hike could take you beyond the sweet spot and to a point where the extra hike that occurs at the time of throttle application leads to mostly more loose roll steer. Then that would loosen the car.

To add to CumpRacing's post...

Letting the lr come up easier does not in and of itself add to left to right weight transfer. If that adjustment allows the chassis to raise higher, the fact that the car's cg also raised higher causes more weight to transfer to the right side during cornering.

Weight transfer during cornering is a function of corner speed and cg height.

BearLM24
08-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I increased the rebound and it tightened up the car on corner exit. Good adjustment, car was smoother off, dry slick track.

Cruisin9
08-05-2010, 11:58 AM
What type of track are you running is it a stop n go or more of a momentum track.

Thanks

DirtLM
08-17-2010, 12:59 PM
The track is a fast 3/8, well banked, more of a momentum track than a stop and go. We carry alot of speed through the middle and top. Sorry the response took so long.

SLM98
08-17-2010, 03:51 PM
When you say you increased rebound how much are you talking? Let say a three rebound to a five is that the direction you went?Also did it change anything else like the entry.

DirtLM
08-18-2010, 09:29 AM
We were running a linear Bilstein with a 100/120 stack and 150 to 200 lbs of pressure, changed to a 300/100 and 150 lbs of gas pressure. seems to turn into the corner fine, on or off the brakes.

SLM98
08-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the reply, I have built this in the LF shock on my car (Ohlins LMJ) but have be out to try it.