PDA

View Full Version : Barry Wright set-up info

dirtdevil
07-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Bought a really nice 04 BW from a 4M member, it was all he said and more.
With that out of the way.

He gave me a set up sheet dated 2004. The car was updated in 2007. Is/was there any setup changes from then untill even now? I looked on their website and there is no tech or setup area.

Dirt Racer N. C.
07-30-2010, 04:14 AM
If you look on the inside tubing of the J bar mount-frame side-you will find serial number and date. Call BWR and they can give you info. you want.

dirtdevil
07-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks, I have looked everywhere on the car and cannot find a date or serial number.

chrisw21_2000
07-31-2010, 12:11 AM
The number is on the 2x2 square tube for the j bar. Should say something like bw-04 then another number. Some are on the inside of the tube you'll have to crawl up beside the driveshaft to see it. Are there any underslung bars or slugs on the upper a arm mounts?

gadirtracer
07-31-2010, 03:50 AM
Good luck if you can't find the chassis #.
I purchased a '02 stock clip BWRC w/o a # on it and they wouldn't give me any info.

Graff Spee
08-01-2010, 01:33 PM
That is the most basic of info for any car! You ultimately decide what the set up is anyhow. It comes down to track ,driving style ,time of day etc. etc. etc. You are the boss! You should know what to do and how to do it! The chassis while having some differences is just a bundle of tubing to hold the suspension in place. Learn about suspension! You can then go to any chassis and make changes. All chassis are a compromise. They all give up certain things to achieve other things. Chassis manufactures are not trying to make the best or fastest cars. They are trying to make the car that the most people can do well with at any track and with any level of skill. Why do you think Mark Busch designed the Rocket Black front end? So that any idiot could get the car to turn! Its all about selling you something, on a continual basis. I am not saying that is wrong I just don't like the way they do it sometimes. Sorry for the Rant!

F22 RAPTOR
08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Call Barry and he will help you out. Very nice people. The 07' is a different front end from 04'. Don't care what anybody says, it helps to have a baseline starting point, I mean they designed it with certain parameters in mind to start from.