PDA

View Full Version : RF caster/camber on a '06 Lazer

mudderfudder
08-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I have a '06 lazer over rail 4link car and i have the front end set to the specs from the book, LF-caster 3.5*, camber 4.5 pos. , RF-caster6.5*, camber4.5*neg. Now I have some great outside pictures of the car going through the turns and it seems as the RF is tipping out on the top instead of tipping in like most others whos RF is tipped in a ton. 1st qusetion is will this affect how the car rotates to the RF and hold it there? I know there alot of other items that play a roll but i curious to kn ow if any body else with this make chassis has messed with this and have you had any luck with it? If you dont want your information out all over the place feel free to pm me if you are willing to share some ideas with me. Thanks in Advance.

Graff Spee
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
You can shorten the upper control arm to speed up the camber gain. You can use tire temps to help you find a new static camber setting. Yes it all effects traction at that tire. Keep the tire flat on the track. Use all of the tire not just part of it. This is really a small answer for a much larger question . I hope I helped. Read books, lots of books on this!!!

JTSjet
08-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Where are your upper control arm slider mounts located - how high?

Is your rf tire showing more wear on the outside than inside?