PDA

View Full Version : Black Gold differential for dryslick?

Challenger
08-07-2010, 10:44 AM
For those of you that run this, does it work well on dryslick track conditions? And what do you set it to, half tight, or tight...I am looking at buying one.
PM if you want to.

Challenger
08-08-2010, 04:16 AM
Lol. must be the best kept secret out there..........

Graff Spee
08-08-2010, 12:18 PM
It will be a complete waste of money! It will make car loose and inconsistent! It will have to be rebuilt and adjusted often! And for what? Just get the right stagger in the car and go race! Forget all the Voodoo!!!!!Use the KISS method!! It, unlike other methods always is triumphant! ( KISS=Keep It Simple Stupid!!!)

stock car driver
08-08-2010, 02:13 PM
I ran pavement for 10 years and tried a detroit locker which was legal and it wasnt any faster and as mentioned i didnt like the lock and unlock... if i had my stager right i was good with a spool.

my car was within a hundreth or two week to week so it was a good comparison test.

i imagine on dirt it would be even less effective.

Dirtrunner35
08-09-2010, 08:56 PM
I have one I used for 3 yrs and took it out. 28 spline, half tight. I'll sell cheap. It's been sitting for 3-4 yrs.

oldnelly87
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
it will work fine on a dry slick track i run one on a 1/4 dirt track i run 0 stagger in the rear and a 1/4 in the front. If you give it too much stagger it will over work it and spin you out. I have mine serivced at dpi. IF you call them they will tell you what to set it at.

balljoint_
05-06-2011, 11:09 PM
thats the nice part about it. makes stagger less important. Drive it off the corner with the rear under you.