PDA

View Full Version : fuel cell question??

dirty white boy
08-09-2010, 06:21 PM
is there sposed to be a pick up inside a fuel cell,..on one i got its just a fittin in the bottum corner of of cell...bout a inch an a 1/2 from bottum of cell???

Dirtrace54
08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Usually the ones on the lower corner of the cell is just a fitting. The lines the are on top of the fuel cell have a hose that drops to within a 1/2 of the bottom.

The ones with the lower side fitting are supposed to be mounted so the pickup is on the lower back corner of the right side.

dirty white boy
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Usually the ones on the lower corner of the cell is just a fitting. The lines the are on top of the fuel cell have a hose that drops to within a 1/2 of the bottom.

The ones with the lower side fitting are supposed to be mounted so the pickup is on the lower back corner of the right side.

thats what i got,...didnt know if there was sposed to be some kind of pick up or a screen or what on it!!

roybeckett13j
08-13-2010, 11:20 PM
Thats just how a bottom feed cell is. Make sure to build a guard for the hose! or someone will get under your bumper, hit the hose and you lose all your fuel! it kinda sucks!

dirty white boy
08-14-2010, 03:33 PM
good idea...

Dirtrace54
08-17-2010, 08:41 PM
I second the guard idea. On my last mod the fuel cell guard was lower than the pickup due to high mounting of cell. My new stock car is well protected also. If it breaks, you be p!ssed.

Ive never had a screen on mine and both new cells Ive had to purchase didnt have any protection either.