PDA

View Full Version : feathered right front?

roybeckett13j
08-14-2010, 12:17 AM
I have been having some issues wearing out right front tires, they feather worse than my right rear does! Ive worn out the second tire on that corner now, and I want to get this fixed! Any ideas? too much tow out?

5dirtracing
08-14-2010, 12:28 AM
sounds like too much rf spring rate or too much crossweight , loosen the car up

roybeckett13j
08-14-2010, 11:32 PM
I have a 900 lf and 1100 rf now.

would a 800lf and 900 rf be too soft?

roybeckett13j
08-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Another thought...

I was going to add a lot more rear weight, and if i put it on the right rear it would decrease the crossweight, correct? would that be a better idea, or would changing the spring rate be better?

Extreme Race Cars
08-15-2010, 09:48 AM
your spring rates in the front are close... what is the car doing in the corners? Start at entry.

blncfn57
08-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Another thought...

I was going to add a lot more rear weight, and if i put it on the right rear it would decrease the crossweight, correct? would that be a better idea, or would changing the spring rate be better?

i dont know how your car reacts to weight placement, but if I put weight on my rr it adds cross, if I put weight on the lr it adds lr bite and takes weight off rf.....

Are you sure something isnt binding up keeping the car from getting on the rf??

roybeckett13j
08-15-2010, 02:48 PM
I always get cross weight messed up in my mind.

I need to check out the left front. i remembered pushing down on the left front fender and it seeming a bit stiff, but that was a few days ago. we have taken some pretty rough rubbing on the left side, so i wouldn't be surprised if something was bent, i know, i should have checked it out before now.

when it gets dry slick, which is about every night, it will push going into the corners, unless i get on the brakes really hard and really slow the car down. mid turn i pick up the throttle and usually have to slide the car through the turn and out onto the straight-away.

but when its tacky the car pretty much drives itself.

carowner73
08-16-2010, 12:09 AM
i dont know how your car reacts to weight placement, but if I put weight on my rr it adds cross, if I put weight on the lr it adds lr bite and takes weight off rf.....

Are you sure something isnt binding up keeping the car from getting on the rf??

You sure about this, if you add weight to the RR it adds Crossweight?.

roybeckett13j
08-16-2010, 12:19 AM
You sure about this, if you add weight to the RR it adds Crossweight?.

i thought cross was left rear and right front...so adding to rr would decrease crossweight...

Graff Spee
08-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Sounds like the car could be pushing. Check front end settings Then adjust chassis. In that order. Good luck!

ToTheFront
08-16-2010, 09:55 PM
i thought cross was left rear and right front...so adding to rr would decrease crossweight...

This is a trial and error adjustment, on my car, when I add weight to the RR it adds cross because it lowers that corner of the car. I would assume it would take away a little cross if you reset your ride height after placing weight on the RR. Hope that helps.

stock car driver
08-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Adding any wt to the rear will usually up your cross because your left rear spring is stiffer and takes more of the wt than the right.

same with scaling minus driver then getting in the car, your cross or bite will go up

My rf wears more than any other tire on my car most of the time, no push here, just a car that turns on the front tires rather than on the rear brakes.

roybeckett13j
08-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Well, i took the whole front end apart, and its all free. Took the springs and shocks out, and there is no binding. But, i did notice that there is a LARGE amount of toe-out, a visible amount in the right front, im guessing about 1/2-1 inch total.

Im gonna borrow some scales this week, and get some numbers. haven't scaled it since i started the season. HOPEFULLY its just a spring thats gone away...always had a bad time with that happening.