PDA

View Full Version : 602 crate motor bolts

Jethro14
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I am looking at buying a 602 crate that has been taken apart for inspection. The gm seal bolts of course were taken out and the guy just put regular bolts back in. If I buy it, I will have to put the seal bolts back in because that is the only way they will let me run the motor at the track I race at. They cannot be the aftermarket bolts that are sold all over the internet. They have to be the gm bolts with the gm logo on them. Does anybody know how to get these bolts? I heard that gm has stopped making them.

dirty white boy
08-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I am looking at buying a 602 crate that has been taken apart for inspection. The gm seal bolts of course were taken out and the guy just put regular bolts back in. If I buy it, I will have to put the seal bolts back in because that is the only way they will let me run the motor at the track I race at. They cannot be the aftermarket bolts that are sold all over the internet. They have to be the gm bolts with the gm logo on them. Does anybody know how to get these bolts? I heard that gm has stopped making them.

you have to take motor to authorized re-builder an have motor certified,..then thay will install the new type seals to be legal at any track...probable have to pay same as a refreshing of motor...good luck