PDA

View Full Version : CP100 Practice Report-Close to 60 SLMs! STACKED & JACKED Star Studded Field On Hand!!

rolltide
10-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Awesome field of racers at Magnolia Motor Speedway Thursday nite for practice for the Cotton Pickin 100. Many more on the way!

Super Late Model racers at the track included:

Nationally recognized and travelling superstars:
Billy Moyer
Brad Neat
Brian Birkhofer
Josh McGuire
Jimmy Mars
Dennis Erb
Dale McDowell
Jimmy Mars
Mikey Marlar
Shane Clanton
Ray Cook
Jonathan Davenport
Chris Wall
Wendell Wallace
Bub McCool
Tony Knowles
Clint Smith
Eric Wells

MARS, MLRA, MSRA, SUPR racers:
Jeremy Payne
Terry Phillips
Billy Moyer, Jr.
Robbie Stuart
Gary Scott Christian
Patrick Daniel
Jesse Stovall
Eric Turner
Stacy Taylor
Dwayne Hottinger

Local and Regional Stars from the PRO Series, MSCCS, and SRRS:
Anthony Burroughs,
Ronnie Lee Hollingsworth
David Breazeale
The Rickmans
Chad Thrash
Dane Dacus
Leon Henderson
Justin Carter
Scott Dedwylder
Johnny Stokes
The Cliburns
The Byars
King
Hunter Carroll
Joey McKinney
Tollison
Jason Brock
Ray Mauldin
Mark Dodson
Jason Downs

Please don’t miss this event.
Super Late Models $15,000 to win!
Crate Late Models $2,500 to win
Street Stocks $1,000 to win
Qualifying and heats Friday Nite
B-Mains and 100 Lap Cotton Pickin 100 Saturday Nite

Plus OWM and Mini Stocks on Saturday

For more info visit www.magnoliamotorspeedway.net

upaginit in North GA
10-29-2010, 08:19 PM
Wonder why the "economy" is not affecting the Cotton-Pickin 100 in Mississippi like it did the 2010 DTWC that was held in West Virginia????? They already have more super late models than the DTWC had. Please remember this race only pays $15K versus $50k for the DTWC held in West VA. Look at those names folks!!!

Paulus28
10-29-2010, 09:24 PM
What are you trying to say? Is there another race within 300 miles?

slick01
10-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Wonder why the "economy" is not affecting the Cotton-Pickin 100 in Mississippi like it did the 2010 DTWC that was held in West Virginia????? They already have more super late models than the DTWC had. Please remember this race only pays $15K versus $50k for the DTWC held in West VA. Look at those names folks!!!

Pretty good indication that there is no loyalty or respect in racing anymore. Used to be the best of the best came to the big shows and plenty others to stand up and challenge them. It is pathetic that the guy who first put up the real big money gets dumped on (and the fans) by Birkhofer, Mars, et al. These same cats won't even come to Charlotte for a TV race. I also like the defense of Birkhofer skipping a show because a sponsor wanted him to race elsewhere. Look on the side of his car. Reckon where the Hilton Head Golf Course is at? :rolleyes:

Good businessmen, perhaps. Real racers....NO.

UMPLM99s
10-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Slick01.............First of all....NO driver "HAS TO" race anywhere on any given weekend....except the few "Outlaws" that follow the World of Rockets Series!!!! Did you ever think that maybe some of the drivers that were not at the DTWC this year didn't go there because they maybe went to that track earlier in the year to "test" for the DTWC and realized that track is a DUMP!!!!! What a JOKE for a "Crown Jewel" event!!! Oh wait.........there may have been a couple (2 or 3) passes within the Top 3 in the Feature......WOW.................BORING!!!!! Who wants to watch a 100 lap feight train, follow the leader circus at a $hithole!!??! They should move the DTWC back up North...where people know how to prep a track for a 100 lap Feature!!! I applaud those drivers who stayed home or raced elsewhere that weekend....they were smart!!!

UMPLM99s
10-29-2010, 10:29 PM
This thread topic is for Cotton Pickin 100 RESULTS!!!!! This isn't the topic for the DTWC lovers!!!

Please kepp posting RESULTS for the COTTON PICKIN 100 HERE!!!! Thanx!

slick01
10-29-2010, 10:38 PM
This thread topic is for Cotton Pickin 100 RESULTS!!!!! This isn't the topic for the DTWC lovers!!!

Please kepp posting RESULTS for the COTTON PICKIN 100 HERE!!!! Thanx!

I didn't realize you owned this thread.:rolleyes: I responded to upagainit. He and I and others have had discussions before and don't have any issues, just different viewpoints. This is a forum, you want straight news/results wait for them elsewhere.

Paulus28
10-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Here is my 2 cents worth, at the DTWC of the 50 some cars that were there I would guess that 35 had a shot at winning. I thought it was a very strong field of cars. I agree the race on Sat was not great. I still had a good time and will go back. Of the cars at The Cotton Picker how many cars have a real shot at winning?

mom15b
10-30-2010, 06:07 AM
slick01 do not appreciate your comment! Birkhofer and Mars are true honest racers and do not dump on anyone. They want to race and can race when and where they want to and all racers look at purse and what the chance is of finishing good and the cost to do it!

upaginit in North GA
10-30-2010, 07:26 AM
It is very clear what I was trying to say. Many, many people said the only reason they had 53 super late models at the 2010 DTWC held in West VA was mainly the "economy." This thread was started out talking about the number or cars and stars at the Cotton-Pickin 100 in Mississippi. I just wondered why this same "economy" was not affecting this race and track.

This race pays $15k and the 2010 DTWC held in West VA paid
$50K.

I never did think it was the "economy" that affected the 2010 DTWC held in West VA. It is obvious what it was, "location, location, location."

tennesseeracefan
10-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Here is my 2 cents worth, at the DTWC of the 50 some cars that were there I would guess that 35 had a shot at winning. I thought it was a very strong field of cars. I agree the race on Sat was not great. I still had a good time and will go back. Of the cars at The Cotton Picker how many cars have a real shot at winning?

Probably 40+, and the racing will be a heck of a lot better than the DTWC too!

windowman
10-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Probably 40+, and the racing will be a heck of a lot better than the DTWC too!

Completely agree! There will be a heck of a lot more drivers with a chance to win at Magnolia than at WVMS. Plus, the track is way easier on motors & equipment and the racing will be 10x better.

Paulus28
10-30-2010, 05:49 PM
I dont remember any cars or motors tore up at the DTWC.