PDA

View Full Version : Building an s10

JoeBiv
10-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone!! I currently race a Cavalier FWD on dirt. Next year there is a new series starting for mini truck, 4 cyls. I am going to build a s10 to run next year. I have very limited knowledge on RWD so I have been reading as much as I can. I am looking for any help that I can get on building this truck. The front end , as I'm told is basically a metric front end and leafs on the rear. We can run racing springs and factory mount race shocks. Street DOT tires.
I've been reading about people cutting and remounting the front upper control arms and using Impala hubs?, ect. Not sure about the rear set up either? If anyone has any pointers they would be greatly appreciated!!!!

usafracer
11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
You need to get as much weight off the front as you can. Also the s-10 has a plastic cage on the wheel bearings. This is why most people go with the bigger impalla parts. What exactly are your rules? Can you run different lower control arms? Tube uppers? Or do you have to stay stock?

JoeBiv
11-01-2010, 03:38 PM
We need to run stock control arms, no tubular control arms. So "stock" from an Impala, yea Ill press my luck on that. The minimum weight is 2550# hopefully I can get it down that low. Anything else you need to know that can help me out?