PDA

View Full Version : K-C Topless Trick or Treat to Jason Montgomery

Unclebig
10-31-2010, 11:18 AM
K-C Raceway Results FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
By Scott Wolfe
CHILLICOTHE, OHIO-The last night for the Late Models and Modifieds at Schrader's K-C Raceway proved to bring out the best in everyone. Competition was at a premium and the large crowd at hand saw some of the best racing of the year as hometown hero and two-time track champion Jason Montgomery, Jackson, Ohio won a battle of nearly twenty-five side-by-side laps with Steve Casebolt, Jr. for the $5,000 O'Reilly All-Star Circuit of Champions "Topless Trick-or-Treat 50" win. Anthony Kincaid, Zanesville, Ohio is now 2-for-2 on the K-C high banks after claiming the Advanced Services AMRA modified win, and young Brandon Thompson won his first-ever Dan Reno Hobby Stock main.
Only sitting in the Late Model co-ckpit twice since late June, Montgomery had all but given up on the 2010 season, but after some prodding and the new acquisition of Estes power under the hood, Montgomery overcame the bad luck bug with a huge win. Choosing perhaps a harder compound than his competitors, Montgomery's car came to life at midway and was on a rail the last 15 circuits. Casebolt was within striking distance the remainder of the way, but could not make a run on the speeding Montgomery.
Darrell Lanigan had a flat tire and went to the tail of the 24-car field, earning hard-charger honors in a run to fourth place after a race-long battle with Kentucky Colonel Steve Francis. Lanigan's top-three bid ended with a stone-walling from Jason Feger who nailed down third.
Rounding out the top ten were Jason Montgomery, Steve Casebolt, Jason Feger, Darrell Lanigan, Steve Francis, Rod Conley, Zach Dohm, Rob Blair, R.J. Conley, and Jeep VanWormer. (More official details to come from the All-Stars)

In the AMRA Advanced Services modified main Kevin Morehouse and Anthony Kincaid, both aboard Diamond Chassis, paced the field to a gem of a start. Kincaid got the early edge and raged into a commanding lead with Morehouse in tow. Top five'er Doug Adkins was caught in an early brush with the wall and went to the tail, sparking a charge from last to the top ten.
As Morehouse and Kincaid swept convincingly away from the field, all eyes were on track champion Brian Whiteman, who came from the C to a transfer in the B-main and on to the feature. Whiteman started 18th and charged all the way to fourth, passing more cars than anyone throughout the course of the night. Kudo's to the Whiteman crew, who not only put together a badly damaged race car, but got it right for the electricizing charge.
Setting aside a rain-out, Kincaid has been to K-C twice in 2010. Most likely, he will be back. Both times he has claimed the win, torching the Road Warrior Challenge cars on Oct. 9, then scorching the competition Saturday in the season finale for the AMRA mods.
Dave "Fireball" Pinkerton had all but put the 2010 season behind him, but that racing urge brought him back one more time for a commendable finish-third in the feature plus a heat win. Kenny Johnson, aboard the Sean Schobeloch #2, had a handful of competitors knocking on his back door. Running third much of the early going, a gaggle of cars tried Johnson from all angles.
The 2010 AMRA National Champ finally succumbed to Pinkerton and Whiteman's challenges and finally a late race charge by another hard charger Robert "Booger" Garnes. Rounding out the top ten were Anthony Kinkaid, Kevin Morehouse, Fireball Pinkerton, Brian Whiteman, Robert Garnes, Kenny Johnson, Davey Warnock, Derek Davis, Doug Adkins, and Corey McKenzie.
Said Kincaid, "I am glad to be here in victory lane. The track took rubber and was a little different from our last time here, but this Diamond Chassis is like no other. I never want another type of race car. It was great! I'd like to thank Pepsi, Ron Dolan, my Grandpa, Rick Aukland and my family and crew."
In the Hobby Stock main, young Brandon Thompson was nearly perfect, zooming to a convincing lead, then holding off veteran Steve Bigley over the last five laps to claim his first-ever feature win. Thompson's 16t/Whiteman Chassis/Advance Auto Parts Chevrolet got the jump on Tracey Ross, then never looked back. Thompson and Tracey Ross paced the field to the green.
Improving every week, Thompson has been runner-up too many times, but Saturday was his time for number one and the clean sweep in the Hobby Stock Division. Steve Bigley, a multi-time winner at K-C, especially on the big shows, made a run at Thompson during the last five laps. Thompson however hit his marks well and Bigley's only chance was a Thompson bobble. That never came.
After a rare sixth place finish in his heat, attributed to an early scuffle with race leader Richie Trego, track champion Jamie Adams won the B-main and charged all the way to third place as hard charger of the race. Adams’ run was typical of his dominating season and track championship season. Jason Holstein and Jeff Sheets blasted by Tracey Ross for top five's. Ross had a strong top five going, but jumped the cushion and at one point dropped back to tenth before charging back to sixth.
After a hiatus from racing Gary Park is back strong, topping John Powell and visitors Bub Balsley and Dave Dunn for a top ten.
Thompson led much of a feature last month and perhaps was on his way to victory when mechanical failures sidelined the hard-charger. Saturday, both car and driver were in prime condition for the win.
Said Thompson in victory lane, "It's been a long time coming...five years I think. I would like to thank Mom and Dad and all my fans and crew. Also, Thanks to my sponsors Whiteman Chassis, Thompson Trucking, Hunter Trucking, Diamond Stone, Racoon Farms, and Advance Auto Parts."
Rounding out the top ten were Thompson, Steve Bigley, Jamie Adams, Jason Holstein, Jeff Sheets, Tracey Ross, Gary Park, John Powell, Bub Balsley, and Dave Dunn.
K-C hosts Food Drive Night next Saturday, November 6th. All fans with five cans of food will be admitted for just $5 in a “let’s pack this place” promotion. On the racing card will be Hobby Stocks, Four Cylinders under Moler/Brushcreek Rules and an Enduro. Locals wishing to put together a car for this week’s endure can check out the Brushcreek endure rules at http://www.brushcreekmotorsports.com/id10.html or read the rules below.
(See summary in Late Model section of forum below)

The summary- O’Reilly All-Star Circuit of Champions Late Models 10/30/2010