PDA

View Full Version : selling a car across the border canada/us

ev36rayburn
11-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Supposed to be selling my rayburn car to a guy in canada this weekend. he planned to pick it up on friday night. hes working with a customs broker and they had some questions on title and vin #(of course there is nothing of this kind). car must have a label that says its for competition use or a letter from the racetrack in which its intended to be used. anyone have any experience in this sort of thing with racecars? thanks in advance.

414banger
11-02-2010, 09:43 PM
a buddy of mine just sold a modlite to a guy in canada he met the guy in toledo, oh and he didnt have to do anything like that all he said was the guy had to pay taxes on it when he went back across border i hope this helps

ev36rayburn
11-02-2010, 09:46 PM
thanks. im hoping that with a few letters or documentation it will go smooth. thanks

hms_11
11-03-2010, 07:17 AM
I know this sale, my buddy is the Canadian buying the car. I used this exact same customs broker last year bringing my Rocket up from Ohio and it went very smoothly, no taxes at the border, pay the broker a flat fee before you go/after your back and sail right through customs. I dont know about Rayburns but Rockets have a steel plate welded to the left front upright and a sticker on the halo that states for competition use only/racecar etc. This is all they need for that, as far as VIN's go, the serial number of the chassis is all they need, because thats all these cars have.

ev36rayburn
11-03-2010, 08:07 AM
ya im hoping everything can get taken care of. unless rayburn is now putting those tags on his cars, there isnt anything on this one. he was calling rayburns today to see what he could get from him. hoping it all works out. i told kyle to bring me some good canadian beer down too. haha.