PDA

View Full Version : carbon drive shafts

mudderfudder
11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Which is the best carbon shaft and what are everyones opinion on them. Thanks

RCJ
11-03-2010, 08:39 PM
I got mine thru Wadon racing.You can buy a warranty for $100.If you have a ball spline you should have one for safety.

rusty9cab
11-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Ours is from PST. 2x on the having one with the ball spline!

grt74
11-04-2010, 06:51 AM
we run wiles with 800 hp no problems at all

pcope98
11-04-2010, 10:50 AM
ours came from fast shafts if your running a crate motor they even have a small diameter one thats 2 1/4" i will not run anything but carbon fiber with a ball spline period, if you want to see the after affects of what happens to car pm me illshow you the very ugly and graphic pics including the blood shed...

mudderfudder
11-06-2010, 06:06 AM
This maybe a stupid question but everyone says " With a Ballspline" , I run a falcon trans been running it for 4 years never a single issue, A carbon shaft will not work with anything but a Ballspline???? can someone clear this up to me? Thanks for the help.

Egoracing
11-06-2010, 07:08 AM
A CF shaft will work with ANY transmission and is a great safety item. With a Bert Ballspline trans a CF shaft should be made manditory just for the safety factor. A ballspline trans has the driveshaft bolted to the trans so in the event of a failure the shaft will not come out and will be like a propeller on the back of the trans.

Ltemodel
11-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Has anyone seen the new Quarter Master carbon fiber shafts? They are a pretty nice looking piece. We currently run Wiles and have held up great with a ton of abuse.

I also agree. They should be mandatory on a ball spline. An aluminum shaft does so much damage when it breaks on a normal trans. On a ball spline it just tears everything apart under there, not to mention tearing into the drivers compartment.

Kevin