PDA

View Full Version : **20th Annual $10,000 SAS EAST Blue Gray100 Sunday Nov. 21st**

Dirtman
11-13-2010, 08:21 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/34o64nb.jpg

20th Annual $10,000 Blue Gray 100 will wrap up EAST Series at Cherokee Speedway Sunday November 21st

Gaffney, SC - The Southern All Stars EAST Super Late Model Series will bring another exciting racing season to a close Sunday afternoon on November 21st with the running of the 20th Annual Blue Gray 100. The Blue Gray race started as a season ending Championship race with the best drivers competing in a classic North vs. South speedway showdown. Previous winners of the Blue Gray 100 include Donnie Moran, Scott Bloomquist, the "Southern Gentleman" Freddy Smith, Donnie Clint Smith, Petey Ivey, and Chris Madden.

No one is looking forward to this race more than Georgia's Casey Roberts, who could very well become the first ever 4 time EAST Series Champion winning the 2007, 2008 and 2009 honors. This year’s point’s championship will earn the winner a $10,000 prize. If Roberts takes home the championship followed by the race win on Sunday he would carry $20,000 back home to Georgia. If he can hold off the nation’s top drivers for a grueling 100 lap finale, that is.

Traditionally, this season ending event brings out the 'who's who' of dirt Late Model racing and this year promises to be no different. Last year’s race drew 35 cars with Georgia’s Dale McDowell grabbing the win over Dennis Erb Jr. of Illinois, Jimmy Owens, Jonathan Davenport & Chris Ferguson. These top 5 drivers are hoping to be on hand with the exception of last year’s winner McDowell (who is done for the season). With the stage set for a classic BG 100 rematch, a new winner will take home the crown and gain the status as one of the elite Blue Gray 100 legends. Other drivers with this race on their schedule include Clint Smith, Steve Shaver, Chris Madden, Rambo Franklin, Freddy Smith & Ricky Weeks. The top 15 in the SAS EAST points chase are also expected with the 1st place in points still up for grabs between Casey Roberts and Johnny Pursley.

Sunday, Nov. 21st will feature an entire Southern AllStars EAST Late model Show with qualifying, heat races and 100 lap main event. Support Divisions running main events only will be City Chevrolet Crate Late Models, Crate Sportsman, Stock 4 & Young Guns. Gates will open at 11:00AM, drivers meeting at 1:00PM and racing to begin at 2PM. Cherokee Speedway is conveniently located off of I-85 exit 96 in Gaffney, SC. Track phone is (864) 489-1969. More info can be found online at www.cherokee-speedway.com & www.trackforums.com.

Top 10 in the SAS East Points: 1) Casey Roberts 874, 2) Johnny Pursley 830, 3) Mike Gault 746, 4) Zach Mitchell* 742, 5) Ross Bailes* 726 6) Jim Ramsey 726, 7) Chris Ferguson 672 , 8) Travis Leake* 666, 9) Jeff Smith 658, 10) Johnny Pursley 636

For schedule, point standings and more information on the Southern All Stars EAST Racing Series please visit online at www.southernallstareastseries.com or email contact jammer50@charter.net.

The SAS EAST Series thanks our partners and sponsors: Bailes Construction, Cruise of Champions, Hoosier Tire South, Dominator Race Products, Bearden Oil Co., Turbo Blue Racing Fuels, Carolina Drive Line, R&R Web Designs, Big A’s Custom Graphics, Cherokee Speedway, Droppin’ the Hammer, & Bradley’s of Shelby.

Dirtman
11-13-2010, 08:25 AM
DRIVERS LIST

Mike Gault
Johnny Pursley
Casey Roberts
Dennis Erb Jr
Chris Madden
Jonathan Davenport
Dennis (Rambo) Franklin
Chris Ferguson
Zack Mitchell
Jim Rasey
Ross Bailes
Jeff Cooke
Jeff Smith
Ricky Weeks
Travis Leake
Brent Dixon
John Pursley
Randy Weaver
Freddy Smith
Justin Labonte
Jay Sessoms
Clint Smith
Steve Shaver
Scott Creel
Tommy Kerr
Daniel Baggerly

gorj
11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
Looking forward to the Blue Gray, hoping to bring Leebo.

Dirtman
11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Looking forward to the Blue Gray, hoping to bring Leebo.

Hope to see you both there. If yall need any special arrangements please let me know and I will see what I can do.

gorj
11-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Hope to see you both there. If yall need any special arrangements please let me know and I will see what I can do.

Dirtman, appreciate your thoughtfulness. We're looking forward to this weekend. See you there.

HighMaintenance2007
11-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Great Weather !

Dirtman
11-20-2010, 06:34 AM
There will be a few SLM's shaking them down and getting some last minute practice tonight.....raceday only 1 day away!!!