PDA

View Full Version : Rayburn Swingarm / Watts Link

mod6f
11-22-2010, 07:06 AM
I run a mod and would like to know if anyone can provide any info on the watts link setup with the springs and shocks on the birdcages instead of on the swingarms. I currently run the "old" style setup with the 400lb springs on the bars and 300lbs of bite. I would like to try the springs on the birdcage setup and get some base line info for springs and bite if possible. I noticed on the Rayburn site threads that Wayne Chinn was posting some info but it is over a year old. A lot of guys on that thread seemed to be running a lot less bite and softer springs than the old setup was. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

F22 RAPTOR
11-22-2010, 02:06 PM
I'd like to know more about this too.

racin6mod
11-22-2010, 04:53 PM
with the spring and shocks mounted to the birdcages your running z-link.the set ups for z-link are pretty much the same as 4 bar set ups.around 200# springs and anywhere from 40# to 80# of bite.

britt77
11-22-2010, 08:51 PM
I tried it on my late model and could never get it to work at all. I just tried it on the lr though but have been told it works good on the rr. I had seen the posts on the rayburn site to and thats why i tried it, might of been because i was running the long purple bar to the right at the time but after a hand full of races i went back to the swing arm.