PDA

View Full Version : LR limiter options?

racer241
11-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Hey guys i have a question for ya. Has anyone used nylon strap for a lr limiter , a friend wants to try it on our car and i was wondering if anyone has experience with it. Im still new to the Late Model game. Car is limiting on dummy shock, hate to keep beating up a good aluminum shock. Any input much appreciated!

Matt49
11-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Use a chain. PPM makes a nice kit.

talclipse
11-27-2010, 02:36 PM
We have used the previous year's anti-sub belt to limit the travel. You have to pay attention to the strap stretching so when we use those types of limiters it was just part of the weekly maintenance program to confirm the LR drop.

Rocket_racing
11-27-2010, 07:19 PM
what are you guys looking at as far as LR drop? Our underslung bar on our Rocket limits our LR drop at about 13", does that seem about right?

racer241
11-28-2010, 11:35 PM
our mechanic is worried about aluminum axle tube damage with a chain , is that even a legitimate fear? again, pretty new to lates

mackwrench
11-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Use a small (but not swing-set) type of chain, to keep the chain from kinking / binding you can wrap the chain in duct tape or heavy battery cable heat shrink....that shoul clam your tech's issue that the chain will abuse the axle tube....

Matt49
11-30-2010, 10:15 AM
If you use something like this, you don't have to worry about the chain damaging the tube.
http://www.ppmracingproducts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=31_58&products_id=465
I believe GRT also makes a similar kit.
But as stated, you should still wrap the chain somehow (we use pretty florescent green duct tape) to keep it from kinking up.

racer241
11-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey appreciate the advice, we have a chain on our other car but it has steel tubes. However i see almost all these cars with chains so i don't worry too much. Our mech is just overly critical at times.

So another question for ya'll is if there is a difference in handling between solid chain, our dampened limiter like a strap or chain with spring cup. Or is the repeatability of the straight chain just better overall??

ALF401
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
We use a small bungie cord to keep tension on the chain. Cheap and light!