PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Horsepower Drive's 5th Annual Christmas campaign

Holiday Horsepower Drive
11-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Holiday Horsepower Drive's 5th Annual Christmas campaign

This years Christmas wrapping will take place at Buffalo Wild Wings in Council Bluffs, Iowa on Saturday December 18th. We will start wrapping at 11AM. And the visit to the hospital will take place at or around 1PM. For those that have gone before they can tell you that we as racers are treated like rockstars by these kids! The HHPD is the only organization that personally delivers handwrapped Christmas gifts. The following are guidelines that we must adhere to for our visit. Then afterwards is the list of drivers going this year to the hospital. if you would like to go see the children please PRIVATE MESSAGE me. Also I do ask that no post on here so I can update the donations list. By updating the donations list we can see and coordinate what everybody is donating. We will have 110 boxes this year and 40 N.I.C.U babies to provide for.

1. The maximum number of guests that we can handle for this type of visit is 16 people.
2. Everyone in the group needs to be 15 years and older, in good health, and should not have had any recent exposures to chicken pox, measles, mumps, flu, etc.
3. Because we serve children and families from diverse faith traditions items distributed need to be free of religious or political content or overtones.
4. Items may be donated for the N...eonatal Intensive Care Unit.
5. Patient confidentiality also prohibits photography.(UNLESS HOSPITAL APPROVES)
6. Candy, food, and/or gum may NOT be donated. Juice boxes are wildly popular and allowed and encouraged.
7. For your the visit, we will be going room to room in our racing uniforms and distributing stickers, autographed cards, water bottles, racing shirts, baseball-style caps with an automobile theme, etc. Patients will be extremely EXCITED by the opportunity to meet a race car driver and to have a racing-related memento. Also, by keeping to a race car related theme, we won’t need to worry about gender-specific gifts or gifts specific to the wide range of developmental capabilities.

Visiting Dirt Track Drivers:
1. Buddy Ray Jones-IMCA Sportmod Driver..(Confirmed)
2.Jake Neal-USMTS Driver..(Confirmed)
3.Josh Blom-IMCA Northern Driver..(Confirmed)
4.Mollee Collins-NASCAR Late Model Driver..(Confirmed)
5.Tadd Hallimon-ASCS Sprint Car Driver..
6.Shevi Collins-NASCAR Late Model Driver..
7.Josh Schotfield-IMCA Sportmod Driver..