PDA

View Full Version : Lawsuit

cooter12
12-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I heard that Needmore Speedway and Colquitt Co is getting sued for over a million dollars? Is this fact or fiction? Hope so

RWMotorsports
02-19-2011, 10:40 AM
True, 4 residents filed the law suit.... There is 2 different cases....

F22 RAPTOR
02-19-2011, 02:32 PM
What on earth for?????

cooter12
02-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Seems that the Hunnicutts have (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ed with the wrong wasp....Git er done

F22 RAPTOR
02-21-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanks, but that tells me nothing.

merc123
02-21-2011, 07:36 AM
http://moultrieobserver.com/local/x1405848841/Needmore-Speedway-sued

F22 RAPTOR
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Since the opening of the race track for spectator events on Aug. 13, 2010, the Lowerys and Lynn Najar, their daughter, have complained on several occasions to Colquitt County Commission. The first complaints were lodged three days later on Aug. 16, when Lynn Najar said that the running of cars from 11:30 a.m.-5 a.m. caused her to have a panic attack.

Had a panic attack from from the drone of engines, but I bet they watch NAPCAR every week. 3500 feet Away from the track, isn't that more than half a mile away. This smacks of a lawsuit for gain or revenge.

The lawsuit seeks $1 million in special and general damages plus an unspecified amount in punitive damages plus attorney fees; temporary and permanent injunctions prohibiting continuing trespass and nuisance on the Lowerys’ and Najars’ properties; requiring that all racing activities cease by 11 p.m.; that operators pay for the cost of additional security to help prevent spectators who are impaired from getting on the roadway once they leave races, and to direct traffic away from the the two couples’ property; that operators promptly remove litter from the roadway after races; and work to limit noise from car engines by requiring effective mufflers.

To the Najars and family, Really, $1 Million plus legal fees is the amount of damage that has been done, sounds like a frivolous law suit to me. I do think modern tracks should legislate mufflers in ALL classes, we've been running them at Dixie Speedway since the 80's and it hasn't hurt anything, actually made watching more comfortable. As to the late hour, I agree they should be able to get the show in before midnight except on special occasions. Adding extra security for drunk drivers is stupid and uncalled for, that should be a matter for law enforcement. I mean do we have cops working the parking lots at every Bar and restaraunt that serves alcohol? NO.

To the track, be a better neighbor, there is a lot you can do that would'nt cost anymore money to do. $1 million dollars is just stupid to even consider on the basis of a panic attack induces by noise, please.

oldsgm
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree with you Raptor! If these people did not want the race track there in the first place, why didn't they vote it down when it was initially applied for? Just some dumb folks who do not want people to have some racing fun on a Saturday night!!!

cooter12
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Well haterz you need to get your facts straight and I would be happy to enlighten you. The people who filed the lawsuit were NOT approached by the owners before the track was built. They exhausted every avenue to resolve this issue without filing a lawsuit and what did they (owners and county) do---ignore it. It is public record that it was addressed at the the County commission meetings, but was blown off. I really do not think this is about money it is about respect and personal rights on both sides. Some people say that it should be tolerated, well I would like to know how they would tolerate it if the people who were suing the race track built a chicken house or hog pen next to the track and see how that would fly or better yet a rendering plant. The owners of the track have a past history buying what they want and I would love to see them buy their way out of this. As far as the comments about the panic attacks, get your facts straight or you may wind up in court with them. What if you were asleep and you were suddenly woken up with the sound of thunder, what would you do. One last thing---whatever happens you bet your ass changes are going to be made that is a given! Now lets git er done....One last thing I thought people on welfare only used the 1 800 lawyers will you tell me how they got the former govenor of ga's lawyer envolved.....

tsand
02-21-2011, 05:04 PM
its sounds like the track is its biggest enemy. if your still running races at 5 in the mourning its tells me that they dont know what the heck their doing. wound'nt you be pissed if your neigbor cut his grass at 5am. if you want good neigbors be a good neigbor.

F22 RAPTOR
02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Well haterz you need to get your facts straight and I would be happy to enlighten you. The people who filed the lawsuit were NOT approached by the owners before the track was built. They exhausted every avenue to resolve this issue without filing a lawsuit and what did they (owners and county) do---ignore it. It is public record that it was addressed at the the County commission meetings, but was blown off. I really do not think this is about money it is about respect and personal rights on both sides. Some people say that it should be tolerated, well I would like to know how they would tolerate it if the people who were suing the race track built a chicken house or hog pen next to the track and see how that would fly or better yet a rendering plant. The owners of the track have a past history buying what they want and I would love to see them buy their way out of this. As far as the comments about the panic attacks, get your facts straight or you may wind up in court with them. What if you were asleep and you were suddenly woken up with the sound of thunder, what would you do. One last thing---whatever happens you bet your ass changes are going to be made that is a given! Now lets git er done....One last thing I thought people on welfare only used the 1 800 lawyers will you tell me how they got the former govenor of ga's lawyer envolved.....

Hahahahahahaha! I can not stop laughing, ever since I started reading your post. $1 million dollars of respect, I see. What facts do I need to get straight, I read the article and quoted it directly, she claims race cars gave her a panic attack 1/2 mile away... Threatening me with a lawsuit is weak, dude. Especially since I quoted the article directly :rolleyes: However you seem to have some inside info so you are either in contact, a friend or a relative... I'm sure you'll deny it, but you already gave yourself away. Getting Roy Barnes invloved isn't hard, you just call his office like anyone else. He's also a bleeding heart, greedy liberal. Did i mention we are from the same home town, Mableton... My father in-law practices law too and knows Roy very well, they were friends before he became govenor, now not many in our home town care for him anymore.

cooter12
02-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Well 1st I would like to clear things up..No threats were made and fyi I am not a relative to to the plantiffs. I am from Florida and I know about the owners of that track. A friend of my family was hurt really bad by them many years ago in Jacksonville in of all things a car accident and they bought themselves out of it. As far as the govenor issue, his track record was not the issue, it was his attorney that was mentioned. So you can make all the fart jokes you want to. I am seeing Karma being a bitch now...git er done

wallcrusher
02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
.....git er done.......Is that your........oh, never mind!

F22 RAPTOR
02-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Well haterz you need to get your facts straight and I would be happy to enlighten you. The people who filed the lawsuit were NOT approached by the owners before the track was built.
How would you know this unless you were familiar with these people. Why would the track have to approach anyone but the county before building. Do the Najar's and family issue permits? Nope. This looking more and more like your involved and pressing to get revenge for your friend. Maybe you should be careful you don't end up in court yourself... You seem to be treading dangerously close to harassment, defamation of character and slander.

They exhausted every avenue to resolve this issue without filing a lawsuit and what did they (owners and county) do---ignore it. It is public record that it was addressed at the the County commission meetings, but was blown off.
So if one person complains then everybody has to comply... What about the track, they have rights too.

I really do not think this is about money it is about respect and personal rights on both sides.
Its not about respect, its a scare tactic. If you file a suit with a big number then maybe they'll respond or bend to your will. Both sides, to whom are you referring?

The owners of the track have a past history buying what they want and I would love to see them buy their way out of this.
See this statement right here, this is you looking for revenge. Plain and simple, NOT justice or respect.

As far as the comments about the panic attacks, get your facts straight or you may wind up in court with them. What if you were asleep and you were suddenly woken up with the sound of thunder, what would you do.
How could you know this unless you were in contact? It wasn't in the article... My facts came straight from the article, where did yours come from? Threatening me is a waste of time, since I obviously have more knowledge of the legal system than you.

One last thing---whatever happens you bet your ass changes are going to be made that is a given! Now lets git er done....One last thing I thought people on welfare only used the 1 800 lawyers will you tell me how they got the former govenor of ga's lawyer envolved.....
They called Roy's office, like anybody else hoping for a home run.

Well 1st I would like to clear things up..No threats were made and fyi I am not a relative to to the plantiffs. I am from Florida and I know about the owners of that track. A friend of my family was hurt really bad by them many years ago in Jacksonville in of all things a car accident and they bought themselves out of it. As far as the govenor issue, his track record was not the issue, it was his attorney that was mentioned. So you can make all the fart jokes you want to. I am seeing Karma being a bitch now...git er done

A threat is exactly what you did when you said I'd end up in court with them... In case you forgot I highlighted it in blue from your earlier posts... So your beef is one of revenge, not justice or fairness. Bottom line none of what was listed in this frivoluos lawsuits press write up warrants anyone getting a million dollars.

1) Nobody was physically injured by them, the lady with the panic attack issue already had issues, with thunderstorms according to you.

2) Some trash in the front yard and people being drunk are issues for law enforcement, not the track owner(they most likely didn't serve it) or the county council.

3) Now the time issues that can be remedied, the sound can be remedied, but what happens off there property isn't their responsibility. That'd be like you having friends over and when they left they threw garbage out on the square and the city expected you to come clean it up....NOT.

Look you've obviously got an axe to grind, that's your issue. Maybe they did wrong someone you know, but that has no bearing here and no consideration at all.

cooter12
02-21-2011, 11:28 PM
this is not personal at u raptor but while we are speaking of records this is not the first time they have been sued...and my motive is not revenge (even though it would be nice now that it cold)but is to witness Karma being a bitch so call it whatever u like, research has shown other tracks with this problem take steps to improve the problem yet the owners and county of this track want it to just go away. When the track was approved all that was being seen was the revenue being brought into the county, and more benjamins lining the pockets of the owners Just saw the report on the news and any establishment who's customers have to stop and urinate in the neighbors yard/driveway needs to re-evaluate the sort of people they want to draw in. Hope the EPA and Health department gets involved. These are elderly people and I am sure they have never defrauded the govenment or been sued by someome karma 1 --- Needmore Speedway 0

This is being written to put the facts out about what sort of bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) goes on with this track. Funny that there isnt much litter on the road of the stench of rank piss till the day after a race or practice. Yes I do not like the owners of the track and how they do business and friends and neighbors. But mark my word.....their luck is running short now git er done

loosegruff
02-21-2011, 11:58 PM
cooter go back to hazard county, and git r done ,leave the race track out of it, i have been there and it is so far out in the sticks ,i cant see anybody hearing it , they run sportsman car , not supers, get a life , git r dun what a joke you are,go get mad at some of your redneck friends for there loud trucks and country music

tsand
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
just because they ask for 1 million doesn't mean they really want a million. but the figure 1 million makes a good news story and has an attenion getting sound. im sure if the track clean up their act it will go a long way in settling this.

cooter12
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
raptor hate to dissappoint but didnt vote for that guy...seems to me your envious ...will wait to see how this plays out in court

F22 RAPTOR
02-22-2011, 12:47 PM
...will wait to see how this plays out in court

Answered these questions to justify them receiving $1 Million Dollars...

How is it the responsibility of the track what people do after they leave?

How is "drunk driving" a track responsibility, if they don't serve alcohol?

How is it the tracks responsibility to pick up trash thrown out by other people?

How is it the tracks fault if someone urinates in your yard?

Sound level, sure track should deal with that.

Time of operation, sure track should be more responsible.

Which part of all these issues equates to a $1 Million dollar pay day?

RWMotorsports
02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
"GhostofOShunnicutt" Or Cooter, whatever your name is, Look I had a run in with you already, aight. Look the past is the freakin past, you can't hold a rivalry forever. Why don't you just chill, you live in a different state and dont even affliate with the track, why don't you leave it alone? It looks like to me this lawsuit is all about money, 1,000,000 dollars? Are you kidding me? You obviously know about the plaintiffs or know of them really well or you won't be talking all this, or starting this thread... You pissed alotta people off last year on Needmores site, and now your doing it again. Come down here to Norman Park talking all that, and see how long you last. Thats notta threat, its the truth. "AND MARK MY WORD, YOU'RE LUCK IS GOING TO RUN OUT SOON."

You're pathetic.

SNTGreg
02-22-2011, 06:59 PM
Well Well Well Cooter, I have been wondering where you had gotten off to.

I remember you from the old Needmore Speedway website and that little blog you started.

Play nice ya hear?

wallcrusher
02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Cooter and BamaBoy have the same grammar traits in their posting's......just say'n ya'll!

RWMotorsports
02-22-2011, 07:48 PM
We are just aware of this Cooter guy, before Needmore opened, he tried to shut it down, he kept on and on and on, made a blog site, and just dogged Chris Hunnicutt out for something that had no relation to a racetrack, and happened years ago.... "This is Karma...." No it's not, this track is good in the area, I mean look. Moultrie/Adel/Tifton/Valdosta Needed something like this, somewhere where families can go out, and have a great time, where we can race and be safe. This is one of the nicest facilities i've ever stepped foot in, stop trying to shut something good, down Cooter.....

SNTGreg
02-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Seems like the same ones that were around before the track opened.

F22 RAPTOR
02-22-2011, 09:20 PM
@ Bama/Cooterboy, I don't hate anyone, but please stop trying to change the subject and answer my questions.

How is it the responsibility of the track what people do after they leave?

How is "drunk driving" a track responsibility, if they don't serve alcohol?

How is it the tracks responsibility to pick up trash thrown out by other people?

How is it the tracks fault if someone urinates in your yard?

Sound level, sure track should deal with that.

Time of operation, sure track should be more responsible.

Which part of all these issues equates to a $1 Million dollar pay day?

P.S. I've never been to Needmore Speedway, I just hate it when people abuse the legal system for their own personal gain. Yeah I get testy and rude when I see abuse. Anyone with an IQ above 75 can see the lawsuit for what it is, an opportunity to get rich quick. I've never met the Najars or the family, don't know the Hunnicutts, but I've been around the law for several years and I can call a spade, a spade.

wallcrusher
02-22-2011, 09:21 PM
So just b/c i dont sound like some kind of uneducated hick then i am automatically accused of being this cooter person.well excuse me I was just trying to let my oppinion out like everyone else but i will let you know that i have no idea who cooter is or anything about this person.yall are a bunch of douche bags God forbid that anyone posts anything on here b/c if they do they will be accused of being someone else .whatever excuse me for posting now i see how the people at needmore speedway really are.
never in my life have i seen grown people act worst then my kids, whats up with all the drama on these race sites. I thought "yall" were all friends but dont start bitching at me tho..

Douche Bag?......I prefer to be called poop-bucket!
Act worst then, my kids?.....oh......worst than my kids!
Maybe you should get a handle on your kids?
Drama?.....This is Drama?......Have you noticed the freakin' world is on fire?
Ya' better get your poop-boots on cause, it's about to hit the fan!
I have a million stuff's I would like to distribute!

cooter12
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
You lil boys are to much...last year u all were crying and quitting about cheating at Needmore speedway and how they play favorites...Now you are sucking their (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)...Like I said it will play out in a court of law and just the fact that the track is going to have to spend money to fight it is FANTASTIC. Git er done

cooter12
02-23-2011, 05:07 PM
If the track wasnt there to begin with those who do that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) would not be drawn to that part of the county

latemodel28d
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
cooter, grow up...

the owners have the money to pay if it does go to court...

hopefully they win just to shut you up...

F22 RAPTOR
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
You lil boys are to much...last year u all were crying and quitting about cheating at Needmore speedway and how they play favorites...Now you are sucking their (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)...Like I said it will play out in a court of law and just the fact that the track is going to have to spend money to fight it is FANTASTIC. Git er done

Just answer my questions.

RWMotorsports
02-23-2011, 08:22 PM
SOmebody needs to shut him up, I'm tired of hearing it. We are going to have a good season, just like we had last year at needmore, this year. and many more afterwards.

wallcrusher
02-24-2011, 05:15 AM
SOmebody needs to shut him up, I'm tired of hearing it. We are going to have a good season, just like we had last year at needmore, this year. and many more afterwards.

We cannot be shutting folks up,......... no matter how wrong they may be.
.......dotting that eye however,.....?

F22 RAPTOR
02-24-2011, 07:54 AM
If the track wasnt there to begin with those who do that (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) would not be drawn to that part of the county

WHY are you on a racing message board? You obviously don't care for racing. Pretending to take the moral high ground over drunks isn't believable coming from you. Your mask has been torn off and everyone sees who and what you really are here for. You are here strictly for a smear campaign, you care nothing for the people in this suit, you care nothing for respect or law, its all about revenge of a perceived wrong in the past where you didn't get paid... You obviously have a sad little life with tons of free time, spent harassing others and spreading hate and discontent. Karma will find you too. You keep poking at the hornets nest and they will eventually come out and sting you to death. You do realize that in cases like this, where you have done the things you've been doing. That the track owners can have 4m divuldge your identity and if you used false info it doesn't matter because your IP address is traceable... And as you said the track owners have the means to defend themselves and so coming after you for defamation and harassment may be a good way to raise the money for the other case... Wouldn't that be a hoot, if you, FULL of hate and contempt were made to pay those people for there frivolous law suit, now that would be Karma. Now you got any hair on your peach's, then answer my earlier questions?

cooter12
02-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Well fyi everything that I have said is public record. Last I have heard this county had a freedom of speech law. And Rapt I did answer u...if the track was not there, people who do the afore mentioned would not be drawn there. And for you RWmotorsports you seem to know alot about the race tracks finances. Maybe the right people should be contacted and have you investigated as being one of the anon defendants.

wallcrusher
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Well fyi everything that I have said is public record. Last I have heard this county had a freedom of speech law. And Rapt I did answer u...if the track was not there, people who do the afore mentioned would not be drawn there. And for you RWmotorsports you seem to know alot about the race tracks finances. Maybe the right people should be contacted and have you investigated as being one of the anon defendants.

...Maybe you should be subpoenaed for slanderous remarks and accusations against the defendant. You appear to have information that could prove relevant in Justice Being Served!

F22 RAPTOR
02-24-2011, 01:56 PM

Since you use profanity to describe things most all your comments aren't viewable. Your logic is amazing, I guess college football games, concerts, bars, restraunts, corner stores and other public gatherings should be done away with too, I mean people leave those gatherings doing all sorts of dangerous and hurtful things... You do have the freedom to speak, but if you do harm with what you say you can be held accountable, so feel free to blaze away it should make for interesting evidence in a slander suit. You really don't care about these people at all, the plaintiffs. All your interested in is your karma and revenge. You are welcome to leave this racing message board anytime you like, you won't be missed.

A normal person would call the law if they were concerned with drunk drivers, why didn't they?

A normal person would call the law if someone was regularly throwing trash in their yard, why didn't they?

A normal person would call the law if they regularly caught people urinating in their yard, why didn't they?

The answer to all three questions is this, calling the law wouldn't get them a large singular payday that they are hoping for. They aren't concerned with driver safety or trash or noise or public urination, it's about getting even and getting paid. I'm betting your friend was hoping for the same thing and lost.

RWMotorsports
02-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Investigated as a defendant? I'll tell you EXACTLY who I am, I'm a racecar driver who races at Needmore Speedway...

I haven't said anything ANYTHING about the finances at the race track, because that isn't any of my business....

You're only on here nagging and carrying on because you want revenge on something that happened years ago... Calling the lawsuit "karma"? You're ridiculous.

This is a Racing Fourm, Fans, and drivers to talk about RACING, you're obviously on here to create drama, and we don't need that. If you wanna create drama go somewhere else. We don't need you here. We would be MORE THAN GLAD for you to be gone...

Nice try again, please leave the Hunnicutts, and the rest affiliated with Needmore Speedway alone.

Thanks.

** It's like you're beating a dead horse, you're telling us all this BS, well buddy we can't do anything about it. Moaning and Groaning about Needmore, and the track is defenseless on here....

Go to Needmore and try to argue your points there.....

Git r done.... Idiot.

Clayton_Wetter
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM

The roar of loud engines might cause the chickens to go into a massive panic attack! Then they would REALLY be in big trouble!!! lol

Clayton_Wetter
02-28-2011, 06:09 PM

If's a thunderstorm I would accept. If it was thunderous motors I would have a panic attack????:p

Panic attacks, seems to be a very common device these days. Thank you Mr. Lawyer!:rolleyes:

Best wishes to Needmore Speedway this season!!! As Captain Picard would say: Make it so! And that trumps a git-ur-done anyday!