PDA

View Full Version : mineral wells

J. Steve Davis
12-07-2010, 02:23 PM
How does a 4 tenths mile track sound to you at mineral wells next year? Looks like this is going to happen. I think the Hillbilly 100 and the DTWC will be staying in WV also. I do believe Carl Short and BDS racing are going to do their best to make these two races the biggest and best ever. This will be a race fans blessing to have two super fast racetracks in our area. Tyler county and WVMS. Hows that for a Christmas present.

J. Steve Davis
12-28-2010, 10:15 AM
It takes big money races to keep a large and nice facility like mineral wells up and running. Lots of money paid out to run a speedway that the average fan doesn't know or even think about. BDS racing didn't jump into this deal not knowing some things that we know nothing about. Bottom line is you have to provide good racing and make money doing it. It helps when the owner of the property lets the promoters run the place the way they see fit. No reason for this place to set idle for years like in the past. Good decisions have been made and we will hear about them soon. 4m.net will be buzzing with chatter and I look forward to it. And yes Bubba, I am a dreamer. I have driven a late model stockcar for years but I always wake up after I win. And I hope to keep waking up because I like to race!

roger richards
01-01-2011, 08:26 AM
why did all these racers and fans come to dwtc when they had there in the beginning after pennsboro and now the tracks to big and some them has a problem of coming back when they took the money from there when they thought it was great to race there before. answer that question and why should everyone drive some place has the track grown bigger sitting there all those years look out it might grow into 3/4 or a mile if it goes down again in 2011 who raised cost of racing since 1980's

F22 RAPTOR
01-01-2011, 09:01 AM
why did all these racers and fans come to dwtc when they had there in the beginning after pennsboro and now the tracks to big and some them has a problem of coming back when they took the money from there when they thought it was great to race there before. answer that question and why should everyone drive some place has the track grown bigger sitting there all those years look out it might grow into 3/4 or a mile if it goes down again in 2011 who raised cost of racing since 1980's

What? Was that one long question or a statement? I really have trouble following what you are saying....

slick01
01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
What? Was that one long question or statement? I really have trouble following what you are saying....

Roger is saying that plenty of cars showed up in the earlier days of WVMS. It is still the same length, yet they say it is too big or too fast. And to think that they used to race at Lakewood, Ga which was a one mile track and have run at Syracuse and Springfield in the past.

F22 RAPTOR
01-02-2011, 05:45 AM
Roger is saying that plenty of cars showed up in the earlier days of WVMS. It is still the same length, yet they say it is too big or too fast. And to think that they used to race at Lakewood, Ga which was a one mile track and have run at Syracuse and Springfield in the past.

Okay. Thanks for the slick interpretation.

roger richards
01-02-2011, 02:09 PM
did you own a race car back in the 1970's then tell what engines cost you in 1980's on today. tell me the answer on you question

roger richards
01-03-2011, 04:46 AM
no BUBBA when the cost of engines in 1970's was a lot different than in 80's till today $30,000 to $50,000 today but the cost of gasoline a lot different today than in the 1980's the race tracks in w.va after they sit a few years seams to get larger everything growing but your wallet.

F22 RAPTOR
01-03-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm gonna take a stab at editing Roger's original post and try an answer or comment on his thoughts.

Why did all these racers and fans come to dwtc when they had it there in the beginning after pennsboro?
They were willing to give it a shot because it was a crown jewel and it paid a lot. However after running there they saw the racing was poor and not a very good show.

Why now has the track somehow become too big and so they have a problem of coming back?
Same answer as above.

Why should everyone drive to some other track, has this track grown bigger sitting there all those years?
No, it hasn't grown bigger, but maybe it was too big to begin with or at least the layout isn't conducive to good racing and passing.

Look out it might grow into 3/4 or a mile if it goes down again in 2011, LOL.
If you'll notice almost all the big tracks are gone or in decline. Like Lakewood-Gone, Golden Isles-Down sized, Cherokee-Down sized, and many more. Heck 100 laps use to be standard, now there aren't many 100 lapers as their were.

Who raised the cost of racing since 1980's?
Chassis builders, engine builders, part manufacturers, Promoters not enforcing rules, tracks letting the rules creep up to appease the haves and on and on. I don't think it's one guilty party.

I did my best to guess at what you were trying to say and answer your questions, in my view.